Car pit/lift in the Midlands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yugguy

MB Enthusiast
Car
W204 C220CDI Elegance with Comand
Does anyone have access to a lift or pit in the midlands, not too far away from Rugby?

I have all the stuff to do my rear diff fluid change - oil, 14mm key, thread sealant, torque wrench, 1.5m length of filler pipe. I just have no easy way of getting the car raised and level and to be honest it would be a lot nicer being able to stand and do it.

I'm happy to pay for an hour's use, or donate a crate of beer or whatever.

There is a tool hire place on the A45 with ramps etc for hire, not sure what the place is called but its next to pets a home in that row of units.

In Cov? I thought that had gone - I'll check it out though cheers.

Aye, there used to a few up North back in the good old days. Mind you that was back when you could wander round a scrappy on your own with your spanners and get the bits you needed yourself.

bob6600 said:
They used to hire out ramps and/or tools by the hour but stopped this a couple of years back due to very high insurance liability costs

Yes. Top guys though. I'll be giving them my business after a couple of mots there.

I have not long ago done the diff oil change,two things to bear in mind 1. the plugs can be very tight 2. remove the fill plug first because, if you drop the oil and then find you can't shift the fill plug you will be stuffed.

I did my w202 on the drive no problems so I hope my w211 will be the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom