Car polisher

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mounty3279

Car
C220, replaced by a C63 W204
Hi,
My wax wizard has packed in. Im thinking of replacing it with something a little more serious. Just wondered what you guys used before making my purchase,
Cheers.

+1 for the DAS6, mine is the V1, had it for about 9 years, excellent tool.

I got a Porta Cable several years ago at time when there were very few such Devi es about. Great bit of kit but it's from USA so you need to factor in site transformer and extension cable.

Great machine but no idea if it's worth the premium as I've never seen or used the alternatives.

I got a Porta Cable several years ago at time when there were very few such Devi es about. Great bit of kit but it's from USA so you need to factor in site transformer and extension cable.

Great machine but no idea if it's worth the premium as I've never seen or used the alternatives.

Porta Cable came out way before any of the UK 240v devices, had to be imported from the US and were very expensive..

I also have one :thumb:

What pads are Best for removing the wax haze after applying ? Thanks

OP, given you are in Uddersfield, get across to Clean Your Car.

Another DAS 6 Pro user here!

Another recommendation for DAS pro. Great machine just make sure you get the pro version. A great investment if you are serious about getting your car to look really good.

Yes, the DAS6-Pro is definitely the sweet spot if you intend working on the extremely hard Mercedes clearcoat. It has a 900W motor which allows you to bear down a little harder on the paint surface without stopping rotation. The 8mm orbital throw is sufficiently small to concentrate the abrading power so you can make headway with the polishing. The top-of-the-range DAS6-Pro Plus has a 15mm throw so whilst you will cover real estate quicker, you will end up doing more passes over the same area to correct the Mercedes clearcoat.

I will hopefully purchasing a das6 pro 900w soon as extensive research has led me to choose it as it can be used with a 3" backing plate as well as your 5".. so no need to have two machines just for my own car mainly.. however with merc clearcoats(if they are hard after test spotting areas) using a das6 pro the pads will need to be able to cut sufficiently so I'm thinking microfibre pads to cut and then a not too soft finishing pad to ensure no hazing is left over.. I do know mb factory use the green CG hex pads but they are heavy polishing pads which will come in handy when maintaining the paintwork in the future..

@kam09
I just couldn't live with the orange peel that came free with my new GLC so I set about knocking it back a bit. Denim-faced pads will give you a very aggressive cut and microfibre-faced pads a little less. Given that you can't put back what you've taken off, I veered on the side of caution when attacking my 3-day old car. I found the combination of a Scholl Concepts white sandwich Spider pad coupled with their S3 Gold XXL auto-reducing polish gave very impressive results that did not end in tears.

Scholl Concepts Spider Pads

Scholl Concepts S3 Gold XXL Polish

Toobad said:
@kam09 I just couldn't live with the orange peel that came free with my new GLC so I set about knocking it back a bit. Denim-faced pads will give you a very aggressive cut and microfibre-faced pads a little less. Given that you can't put back what you've taken off, I veered on the side of caution when attacking my 3-day old car. I found the combination of a Scholl Concepts white sandwich Spider pad coupled with their S3 Gold XXL auto-reducing polish gave very impressive results that did not end in tears. Scholl Concepts Spider Pads Scholl Concepts S3 Gold XXL Polish
Yes I'm looking to use s3 xxl to cut and use s40 to refine.. the only issue I have is that there are so many pad choices to pick from! I just need the right ones for my paint! I know some of my panels have been repainted.. I have a 61 plate.. so will need to do several test spots therefor will need different types of pads! But the MF pad is a definite and might well just stick to the scholl system instead of chemical guys range.. cheers

Christ another Scholl with Das Pro user. there must be 100's of us out there.

Personally, cut and prep with Scholl but finish and seal with Meguiars .

Both times that have undertaken the 8h regime has resulted in positive comments
(1) did not realise that you had bought a new car
(2) have you just had it resprayed

so worth the effort.

Prefer Autosmart tyre and glass (trade) products but GtechniqC4 for trim.

DAPs are really easy to use. Buy decent branded pads. Give it a spin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom