Car Reversed into...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Just got home tonight, when I heard a massive crack/bang from outside and then a car alarm.

Looked out of the window and a Woman had reversed into my car :doh::doh::doh: To make matters worse the carpark was completely empty (apart from my car).

In my angry state I asked her if she knew how mirrors worked and she replied with "I dont know what I was doing" :wallbash:

Insurance company notified, her Ford 'Street' car has been awarded with a smashed foglight and bent bumper.

As far as I can tell its only cracked paint and no actual damage to the subframe or the bumper itself.

crack.jpg

I take it you don't live in arbury then lol!

Oh really! I used to live in milton... Moved to st Ives now! Surprised I haven't seen your car about more often!

While the nieghbours surrounded her car you should have built a gallows LOL..George..

Shes just called me to say shes happy to pay for damage privately...

Its reported now so I will leave it to the company.

Wont it be to your benefit to go private as well?

I read that statistically people hit are more likely to be hit again, so the insurance companies raise their premium, regardless of who's fault it is.

But anyway, hope your car gets repaired asap.

Wont it be to your benefit to go private as well?

I read that statistically people hit are more likely to be hit again, so the insurance companies raise their premium, regardless of who's fault it is.

But anyway, hope your car gets repaired asap.

The insurance company already know now so whatever I do its on record? no?

J
In my angry state I asked her if she knew how mirrors worked and she replied with "I dont know what I was doing" :wallbash:

Sorry to hear about the damage.

You must have calmed down alot not to suggest that if she didnt know what she was doing she shouldnt have a driving licence ..

I get in trouble with my wife a lot because at the school, when the mums drive their cars into the posts in the car-park or other cars I say loudly "Good thing that wasn't a child they just hit". Some of them laugh and say "oops" and some just skulk away.

Of course, the reason its the mums is that its almost always the mums doing the school drop-off.

However, my wife did watch one reverse into a post, wonder why the car stopped, drive forward and reverse into same post again, and again.

In fact, I put an advert for Comand Europe in the school calendar this year saying "Avoid the School bollards, get some parking sensors .. "

Richard

This reminds me of my first wife who drove my car into a lamp post. She was parking at night and due to attend evening classes. Her friend who was a passenger could not believe it as the car park was virtually empty and there were just two lamp posts.

It was so unbelievable, I could not be angry with her.

If the paint has cracked I guarantee the bumper has stretched, they'll have to fill it, it will never be the same. It happened to me when my car was 6 months old. I insisted the insurance company replaced the bumper, no way I was accepting a filler repair on my car.

You can just tell the insurance company its for notification purposes only and fix it privately as your premiums will definitely rise/be more expensive regardless of whether you have protected no claims bonus or if its the other drivers fault.

These events aways make me wonder about so-called 'progress' .

Back in the days when cars had proper chrome plated metal bumpers , if someone reversed into yours , you got a small dent but no one worried as that was what bumpers were for .

Nowadays it is cracked plastic , scored paint and a big fuss .

You can just tell the insurance company its for notification purposes only and fix it privately as your premiums will definitely rise/be more expensive regardless of whether you have protected no claims bonus or if its the other drivers fault.

So that would mean that it is pointless to pay extra to "protect" your no claims bonus ??

So that would mean that it is pointless to pay extra to "protect" your no claims bonus ??

As I understand it, protection of your NCB is not as clear as it should be.

If you have say 5yrs NCB, then after a claim you will still have 5yrs NCB, but the baseline premium may rise next year, so overall your premium will rise despite still having 5yrs NCB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom