Car sales hit two-year peak as buyers wooed by finance offers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
the times suggest that is not the whole picture as dealers tax cars without having customers for them. more than they ever used to.

I think a large element of this is confidence.

If people can see things improving, they will have the confidence to spend, which will yield cyclical benefits.

If no one buys anything, we will all be in the sht!

And what happens at the end of the finance term, who burdens the cost of the negative equity the finance companies take on to sell cars cheaply at low monthly payments?

I had a leasing email circular today detailing MB offers, SLK250 SE Cdi Tip, no leather or sat nav, £213.99 plus VAT 6+23, pretty good I thought for a £34k car, probably don't exist, so I asked for a quote, available as a factor order late Sept delivery.
My son then found the same car available from our usual supplier at £198+VAT 6+23.....amazing!

I had a leasing email circular today detailing MB offers, SLK250 SE Cdi Tip, no leather or sat nav, £213.99 plus VAT 6+23, pretty good I thought for a £34k car, probably don't exist, so I asked for a quote, available as a factor order late Sept delivery.
My son then found the same car available from our usual supplier at £198+VAT 6+23.....amazing!

Without leather or NAV, that will be hard to retail on actually. Surprised the deal is so good, but its a belting deal, but I do feel the finance co will take on a big hit.

2008, the lessons seem not learned.

Without leather or NAV, that will be hard to retail on actually. Surprised the deal is so good, but its a belting deal, but I do feel the finance co will take on a big hit.

It depends what they will be buying them for I suppose, it seems to good to be true.

It depends what they will be buying them for I suppose, it seems to good to be true.

That's what I thought which is why I checked.
The two year cost to me (my wife) would be south of £8k which is a steal.
She's wedded to her CLK with leather, comand and TV so won't be taking up the opportunity but if I didn't already have pretty much a whole set of different things on the drive in Staffs I'd be very tempted.

My brother has just taken delivery of one, they do exist. He went for the Sport so leather as standard and with Nav, heated seats and air scarf for £340 inc VAT on 3+23. He had the choice of a stock car or factory order.

Mercedes Diesel SLK leasing | Mercedes Benz SLK250 CDi BlueEFFICIENCY 2dr Roadster Automatic business and personal lease

I thought there was a recession/credit crunch/tightening belts going on?
Maybe it's case of one last hurrah before it goes all **** up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom