Car security

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hagarfriend

Car
CL63 AMG
I have a cl63 AMG.
IT has been keyed down one side and across the bonnet.
I want to fit a camera system to the car to see if I can catch these sprites.
Any suggestions as to which company to use.

Many thanks

Clint

Just why someone has an urge to key a car is beyond me, it must be so distressing to find this has been done to your car.

I hope you find the culprits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely disgusting behaviour.

I had my RX8 keyed a few years ago only a day after picking it up from the garage, to say I was gutted was an under statement.

I hope you catch the scum that done it.

Had my Vauxhall Omega keyed in several places across the bonnet a few years ago. It's only a Vuaxhall.... some people are just vandals.

I think Clint should just hide in his car with his Smith & Wesson .357 Magnum ; then when the bad boys come back it would 'make his day' :D

Any dashcam you get from the likes of Halfords can be wired into a fuse so can be live the whole time.

I'm far from a techy/mechanical type but managed to wire this up in three different cars and works really well.

Might be worth looking into.

On a different note, sorry to hear your car has been keyed. I never understand the mindset of these kinds of 'people'.

I just had Halfords install a Nextbase Due that is activated by vibration if the car is parked up.

If you park your car where there is the possibility of these (insert suitable swear words here) scum bags can gain access in order to key your paintwork, installing a Dashcam may give them the opportunity to break in and steal the Cam! :wallbash:

I've stuck black electrical insulating tape on my dashcams to cover the logos and to make the dashcams look all black so they are more discreet, this in the process makes them look generic, unbranded 'rubbish' not worth nicking

I don't use my dashcams to record when parked, as on my models I have to manually switch to 'detect motion' recording mode through onscreen menus, which is a bit of hassle to switch on everytime I park, and switch off everytime I drive off to enable normal dashcam recording mode (having to do it for front and rear cams in two separate manual operations)

Last edited:
If you park your car where there is the possibility of these (insert suitable swear words here) scum bags can gain access in order to key your paintwork, installing a Dashcam may give them the opportunity to break in and steal the Cam! :wallbash:

Unfortunately I do park my car where these people can gain access to it. Places like:

Public Car Park - Had my Range Rover Keyed in Morrissons
Parking Bay in Local High Street - Child accidentally caught door with handlebars

I could go on. Car keying is not selective to area's or locations. ost recently we had a member on here have his C63 keyed outside Harrods in the middle of the day (caught on camera).

My comment regards Dash Cams was in response to the Op's question. It will not stop the keying! But may give you evidence of the culprit. The parking facility being an example of 'supply & demand'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom