Car Servicing Sheffield-Jupitor Garage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dobbs

Car
C-Class 320 coupe
Hi,

Anyone in the Sheffield area used Car Servicing Sheffield-Jupitor Garage?

Car Servicing Sheffield | 01142 553554| Car Repairs

I'm looking for an oil change and an auto gearbox oil change and they've come back with a very competitive quote.

Ok so they are an independent garage and don't charge main MB dealer or franchise prices and the work should be straight forward, but I'm a bit hesitant as the prices are:

Oil and filter £60 +vat
Gear oil £40 +vat.

What questions should I be asking before booking?

For comparison the main MB franchise in Sheffield (Europa) has quoted £384 inc vat for an A service...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dobbs.

'If it seems too good to be true, the chances are this it is'. Sorry, but seems way too cheap for an autobox oil change as well as an engine oil and filter change. I would be careful about that...but that's just me; see what others say.

Ernie

£40.00 for the gearbox oil change..........!!!!!!!!!! Forget it. You need to be paying about £140.00 for a proper job with filter change etc at £40.00 they will be using ATF made from rabbit poo and that would kill the transmission stone dead.

I seem to remember PCS (very highly regarded indie) charged me around £150 for gearbox oil and filter change on the 124 and that was 3-4 years ago. £40 just does not seem realistic for a quality job.

Hi,

Anyone in the Sheffield area used Car Servicing Sheffield-Jupitor Garage?

Car Servicing Sheffield | 01142 553554| Car Repairs

g.png

Thanks for link advice

Ask them if the atf meets the Mercedes spec. for your car, e.g. 236.14

The price obviously excludes 1 hr. labour, so it might be for the 3 to 4 litres of aft that drains out of the sump without a proper draining of the TC... and also suggests a replacement filter isn't included.

Er, do they know it's an auto?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom