Car shaking under braking...new discs and pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ich

Car
e350cdi
Hi guys i'll keep it short. Recently I fitted discs and pads all around on my w212 e350. Brembo discs, rear brembo pads and front pagid pads. The car has ran fine for about a month no issue however it has started shaking when I brake. More so when im braking from a higher speed. Everything I have read points to warped discs but these haven't even covered 1000 miles yet?

I'll get it booked in with my indie but any suggestions? I had one of the wheels off earlier at the front and nothing was playing il do the others tomorrow.

Sticking caliper piston (or slider pins ) from being pushed back to fit new pads ?

Cut out all the guesswork, take it to an mot garage and ask them to put it on the brake tester, they can pinpoint exactly if it’s a disc related issue.

Could you check the discs to see if you have any run out? Thank you

So just to update incase anyone was wondering. They were in fact the wrong discs fitted. The car had two options for disc and I bought the smaller ones I assume are for the non sport model or something. The new ones are 20mm bigger. No issues since

So just to update incase anyone was wondering. They were in fact the wrong discs fitted. The car had two options for disc and I bought the smaller ones I assume are for the non sport model or something. The new ones are 20mm bigger. No issues since
I'm sorry but. 😂🤣

Always best to have mercedes send an estimate with part numbers and that would never happen.
What did you do with the old discs?
As you have the larger performance AMG discs. Are they drilled on the front and just vented/solid on the rear?
Also, was your pad lining unaffected?

I put my number plate in Euro Car parts and bought the brembos from there. Looking back it was stupid but iirc it was Retrofit and something else (the correct ones). The fronts are drilled and vented and the back is just solid yeah. My pad wear/lining was effected but only every so slightly on the front as I literally did about 20 miles until the shaking started.

Euro car parts returned the old discs for me so spot on for service considered they were used too

I put my number plate in Euro Car parts and bought the brembos from there. Looking back it was stupid but iirc it was Retrofit and something else (the correct ones). The fronts are drilled and vented and the back is just solid yeah. My pad wear/lining was effected but only every so slightly on the front as I literally did about 20 miles until the shaking started.

Euro car parts returned the old discs for me so spot on for service considered they were used too
As you did a vrn and bought the parts in confidence. It's down to them to clarify the parts are correct. You have them the correct information. So they need supply the correct part.
So it's bad service tbh.

As you did a vrn and bought the parts in confidence. It's down to them to clarify the parts are correct. You have them the correct information. So they need supply the correct part.
So it's bad service tbh.
All car part firms make mistakes its quite normal for 1 car to have a number of choices , sometimes your reg is not enough ,imo if your compitent enough to get involved with brakes you should've noticed 20mm

Not sure I understand how fitting a smaller disc would create shaking?

Not sure I understand how fitting a smaller disc would create shaking?
Im with you on that but it must of looked a mess how did the caliper fit,only explanation i can think of is the pads were braking on the lip not a full disc

Im with you on that but it must of looked a mess how did the caliper fit,only explanation i can think of is the pads were braking on the lip not a full disc
The sweep of the pads must of been at least 15mm of the edge of the disc, I always have and will place old disc against new disc and be sure, it had to have looked wrong and obvious enough once a pad went in, at least he got sorted 👍

ICH........... by any chance did I speak with you a while back when you popped into tyrespot Houghton let spring ? only asking because your also a North East member............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom