Car Smoking - very worried :/

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Possibly the cheapest and nastiest oil out there and the wrong grade. Does it meet MB 229.5 spec?

I would get MB spec oil from MB Newcastle delivered (£54 for 10 litres inc sump plug washer and oil filter)
The garage that changed your oil should have used 229.5 spec 5w/40 fully synthetic.
Genuine Mercedes-Benz Petrol/Diesel "A" Service Engine Oil and Filter Kit NEW | eBay

5w/30 is recommended for diesel engines.
I think the oil is the cause of your problem. Get it changed ASAP.

Edit...... Thought you has a CL500 for some reason.
I'd use Mobil1 0w/40 fully synthetic.
My short term fix is the garage o bought the car from are going to drop the oil and put 5w40 229.5 in and a new filter.

Have you any insight into how detrimental this may have been to my internals? Been driven a month with 5w30 and probably 5-609 miles or so.

I would hope nothing has been damaged but without a full engine strip down, who can tell?
The garage have very poor servicing standards using Carlube in any car, let alone an AMG.
I'd let them know I was extremely unhappy about their pre purchase service.

Unless you've run it really hot there's very little difference between 5w30 and 5w40... but as above, Carlube is unlikely to have any of the other additives that AMG recommend.

With any luck, dropping the cheap oil and replacing it with some high quality stuff will do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom