car stalling when stopping & failing to start, after installation of MAF w210 e55 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st6phen

Car
w210 e55 amg
Hi folks, I'll give you the full background. The original Bosch MAF had went in my car, i replaced it with a cheap one, which was absolutely useless (£30 and faulty). I went then and bought a proper Bosch unit from Bosch and installed it - car is accelerating like a dream and throwing me into the back seat, however, when i come to a junction and come to a stop, the car cuts out - it is then extremely hard to get started again, you turn the key, it revs up and then cuts out. This problem wont go away - im thinking it may be the seals on the top and bottom of the MAF sensor that may need replaced? although they seem ok tight, im scared they mightn't be super tight. I had a 2.5 190e with idle problems, and it turned out to be the very slightest of leaks. Even holding foot on accelerator at start is useless, so doesn't seem like idle speed issue (i assume)
In addition when you get the car going, and your pulling up to a junction, some of the time if you slip it into neutral the car wont cut out, i can select gear and move off again. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm stumped! thanks in advance - stephen

Not 100% but it sounds a little bit like the crank position sensor.

get the car to a garage that has a star system and read the fault codes so you can sort the problem and enjoy the fun factor of driving an AMG

stranded

unfortunately i live in the middle of nowhere and im not prepared to drive any great distance from home to the nearest mechanic with star in case i break down and have a no start (around 40 miles away) so its going to have to be trial and error, dont mind replacing old with new anyway - have ordered a crank sensor and will report how i get on. i'm also ordering top and bottom rubber gaskets for the MAF

Let us know how you get on mate

It does sound like a air leak or similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom