Car stalls / looses power at stops when warm (M111.960 / W124 E220)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richus

Car
W124 E220
Greetings,
At the moment when engine is warm it looses power and stalls when car is rolling slowly (20km/h) and also stalls/jerks when stopping at intersection. Also when engine is warm it stalls when car is not moving too. OVP Relay and Fuel relay fuses are OK and all circuits there are in good condition. When engine is cold there is no problem.

I have reworked wiring harness, it fixed problems what i had before, but now new appeared.
Engine is M111.960 (W124 E220)

Also I am not able to read codes from pin 8 and 10 anymore, they are not giving any blinks. But from other pins it`s fine.
I`m very desperated, because i havent normally driven my car since all problems appeared (

I hope you all are safe,
best regards

Two other engine electronic components that might be effected by wear or engine heat or just physically sticking would be the electronic throttle body actuator [cars with cruise control have them fitted ?] the majority are throttle cable operated---- or the inlet camshaft solenoid adjuster can jam.

Have you checked the fuel pressure?

It should be 4 bar.

Had a similar thing with a 220E with 111 engine. It was the EGR valve stuck (The one with MOT written on the top of it) took it apart and squirted WD40 into the valve and the problem went away.

Had a similar thing with a 220E with 111 engine. It was the EGR valve stuck (The one with MOT written on the top of it) took it apart and squirted WD40 into the valve and the problem went away.
Thats the tank fumes recirculating valve. Great fix though!

Cleaned that valve mentioned above. This morning car is starting, after starting 5 seconds and car stalls / wobbles and then stalls. And no result, if i press accelerator it just stalls. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom