Car stolen....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't though understand why the 0-62 has gone up from 6.9 to now 7.something. Maybe a gearbox mod / programme?

The 0-62mph time is 6.9s.

There was a misprint in the original stats provided at the press launch.

So sorry to hear your news. Cars so hard to steal now without keys that this is a fast growing crime. In some ways we were better off before.

Haven't seen your name on the websites for a while but remember well meeting you at the Port Solent GTG and how much you loved your pride and joy. Don't you dare leave Mercedes!:)

That was my first meet on that lovely summers day, I have not heard from Pinball since

That was my first meet on that lovely summers day, I have not heard from Pinball since
Nor have I. He went to France possibly to live in Menton. Nice guy. And 200k miles on his Merc!

We should have another meet at Port Solent? Nice to sit around the marina eating and drinking and chatting. And very accessible with good motorway links etc.

Nor have I. He went to France possibly to live in Menton. Nice guy. And 200k miles on his Merc!

We should have another meet at Port Solent? Nice to sit around the marina eating and drinking and chatting. And very accessible with good motorway links etc.

I would always go along with that, I would give myself more time to look around the place

hi all. Nothing else taken and house ok. My nerves ok but the fanily to consider too.
I must admit I'd be really worried about this - they say burglars tend to come back a few wks later after all the stuff they nicked has been replaced.

I like the idea of getting an ML, but I don't like the idea of me (or Mrs Rory) being dragged out of it while we're driving through Manchester. In our village, we don't even lock our front door most of the time.

Perhaps you should get a tracker on your next car - there's a chance they'll get caught then.

It would be the C-class for me, Audis are VW in a posh frock (and not that posh IMO), the BMW is nice but the C-class is much newer.

As an insurance investigator this is very interesting...:rolleyes:

Our local Bobby told us to bend the patio door with a spade if we ever get broken into - he reckons that's the way many break-ins are done, and it's nice and visible so keeps everyone happy.

In my case that's probably the most secure opening we have, as it has a complicated multi-point closing system.

Car found.....

Well.... got a call from the Warwickshire police... my car had been found, taken to a compound and could be released as soon as phorensics had tested the blood on it.

Spoke to the compound who said be prepared, she's been knocked about...They had recovered it without a key so if I still had the spare it would be useful for the police investigation.

Went along to the compound to find the following (in no particular order and trying to be as unemotional / judgemental about it as i can)

Windows blacked out
Model inscription removed
Indent on both doors in front of passenger B pillar - with blood on
Front bumper broken
False plates falling off
Tax disc modified to look like false registration
Bonnet a bit folded very scratched
Headlights a bit skew
Seats at ridiculous lean angle
iPod missing
CD's missing
Daughters present missing
Air pump in boot...(?)
Carpet near rear suspension with a big hole in (suspension mod?)
GY Eagles on the back :)
A lot of blood on the passenger seat
Footmarks on the roof

Theories based on someone got knocked over by it and they got in the car, then it was dumped or

Someone got knocked over and the passenger not wearing a seatbelt and just dumped

Found in Handsworth, Birmingham

That really is bad news mate.:crazy:

Hope you get a replacement for it from the lease company.:rock:

Well.... got a call from the Warwickshire police... my car had been found, taken to a compound and could be released as soon as phorensics had tested the blood on it.

Spoke to the compound who said be prepared, she's been knocked about...They had recovered it without a key so if I still had the spare it would be useful for the police investigation.

Went along to the compound to find the following (in no particular order and trying to be as unemotional / judgemental about it as i can)

Windows blacked out
Model inscription removed
Indent on both doors in front of passenger B pillar - with blood on
Front bumper broken
False plates falling off
Tax disc modified to look like false registration
Bonnet a bit folded very scratched
Headlights a bit skew
Seats at ridiculous lean angle
iPod missing
CD's missing
Daughters present missing
Air pump in boot...(?)
Carpet near rear suspension with a big hole in (suspension mod?)
GY Eagles on the back :)
A lot of blood on the passenger seat
Footmarks on the roof

Theories based on someone got knocked over by it and they got in the car, then it was dumped or

Someone got knocked over and the passenger not wearing a seatbelt and just dumped

Found in Handsworth, Birmingham

It was probably has been involved in crime hence the blacked out windows etc.

The thought of the blood is horrible.

I would never ever want to see the car again!

I agree with Olly - I wouldn't want anything to do with it. The phsysical damage being just a minor thing. I really feel for you. This is really horrible.:(

Last edited:
Sorry mate. Now welcome to the club of recovered stolen cars. Mine took only a week as the geezers did not even bother to change the plate or the disc., yet with all the cameras the police still could not find it

That sounds like it's been used as a 'Gang' car and maybe involved in a bit of a Turf war.
Check for any stray guns under the seat and any stray packages of white powder. Maybe that's what the hole in the boot lining is for, secreting 'items'.

Will you be posting any photos? It sounds like it's been pretty abused..

Hi Blassberg. Good to hear from you again. What an amazing development.

How about some pics but more important keep us posted on your new car will you? I know how you loved the other one.

When you get the new one, perhaps a reunion at Port Solent? :)

You and your family are unhurt, physically, that is a good thing. The car may be trashed, but another one will roll out the factory real soon.

I hope they catch the thieves, and give them more than I fear they'll get.

Colin.

Sounds dreadful! I assume you'll not want it back? Will you be compensated in full by the insurance?

Sorry to hear about all of this, must be really upsetting.

well it is of course tempered by being a company car - and our company takes the risk. So the car was £34?k new two years ago - still worth around £20?k - they're going to fix it if they can for even £10?k aren't they?

Unless they sell it to a company used to straighteneing out such cases I can't see them letting me change it. And in fairness if (big if?) t's as good as it was I don't have any flashback worries preventing me taking it back.

meanwhile driving hire cars and my free upgrade from Hertz this week was an Alfa GT 1.9 ???m. Stunning car to look at. Reasonable car to drive. Sounds like a tractor. and the 3.2 Quattro version is slower than a Focus ST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom