Car stolen....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blassberg

Car
ex C320CDI, ex SLK200K, Sharing Their Saxo 1.1i !!, Her SLK200K, His ZX6R
Two weeks ago today had my car stolen from my drive. Broke into house - took keys - took car..... only a company-owned piece of metal at the end of the day but I was more emotionally attached than that.

So if you see a black C Class with Sport Package Wheels but a Sports Edition Spoiler on it could be mine.

Meanwhile if not found in 3 weeks I get to order a new car - sounds good but I'd like to get my old one back - and I'd like to stop driving this hire mondeo 1.8 :crazy:

Not convinced that I like the new C yet so shortlisting New C, 335d BM :eek: and A5 coupe.

Hi Blassberg,

Sorry to hear about this. Did they take anything else from the house..?

It sounds like a real pain to go through all of this. At least it was a company car and not your hard earned cash...

Hope it all gets sorted and the get the G**ts that did this.

Ash

yikes , sorry to hear that :(

Where's ANPR when you need it :(

Seems like thieves take the easy option these days, isn't this how Nick's SL60 was taken a while ago?

Will

Sorry to hear the bad news. Hopefully they didn't take anything else.

This sort of thing begs the question, is it better to leave the keys close to the door so they don't have to look too far, or hide/lock them away. No right answer I suspect.

Sorry to hear that mate :( this happened to a friend of my parents brand new M3 they only had it a few weeks and there house is set back from the road. The Police think the thieves may have found out they had the M3 as they had the house on the market, the car was on the drive in the Estate agents window/add, a common way of finding expensive cars apparently...:(

sorry to hear this mate. as you said, its only a peice of metal and can always be repaced. but having my house broken into also a while back, above all the most unfomfortable feeling is knowing that some thief has entered your property and invaded your privacy. i installed a good alarm system and thinking of getting some CCTV cameras for piece of mind. Hope no damage was done to you house.

Thats a nice selection of cars your thinking of replacing it with. I actually really like the new C. very agressive and a great improvement in looks over the w203. im a big fan of BMs and the 335 is a beast! although the new A5 coupe is a thing of beauty too! hard to decide!

Which C Class - 320cdi ?

I would try them all and then decide - to my mind the BM is too common a sight - the C Class has new all over it but the A5 will be unique for longer..

Also if its a Co car CO2 is a factor + leasing costs....

Or just go with your heart - I always did based on the "You're a long time dead" syndrome...:bannana:

IIRC drivethedeal were offering £7k off 4-dr 335d MSport a few months back. No discount on the Coupe equivalent at the time though.

I'd rather have £7k in my pocket and two extra doors though!! ;)

hi all. Nothing else taken and house ok. My nerves ok but the fanily to consider too.

Yes Crockers, C320cdi again although i s'pose could consider CLK.

I don't though understand why the 0-62 has gone up from 6.9 to now 7.something. Maybe a gearbox mod / programme?

Sympathies on this chuck. Having been burgled in the past and suffered other theft as well I know how much of an invasion and violation something like this can be. Don't underestimate the emotional effects!

Good luck in getting the replacement vehicle sorted. I presume you have changed your locks etc ;)

sorry to hear that.

i dont know what else to say, other than somebody must have wanted it.

at least, nothing else had gone and you are all okay.

hi Pammy - locks changed. Hi Mk - Cheers ;)

Next time leave the keys in the car..that way they don't need to break in...

See, what a plan..;)

No right answer I suspect.

For what it is worth, from experience (and if I had a car that would fit their bill...);

DO NOT leave the car & house keys in the front door lock over night.

Fire advice is that if a mortice key is the only security to your front door, have it near-by. Ideally, have a bolt arrangement so the keys are not an issue - when you have to get out, you HAVE to get out.

Police advice is that if the keys are going to be near the door, don't have your car keys on them - "Hanoi" burglaries are dramatically on the rise - where the thief uses a bamboo cane or similar through your letter box to hook the keys.

My opinion is, that you should put the keys somewhere that can not be seem from outside (so a wall facing into the house not seen from any window) but which is VERY obvious once someone is in the property - If someone is in your house to nick your car, better to let them have it without them searching (and potentially coming across a member of your family first).

My mate has the keys to his Porsche hung on the back of his front door - can not be seen until you are in the house, but on a very obvious porsche key ring - and the letterbox is no where near. I f someone follows him home and breaks into his house over night, his car will be gone, but his kids won't.

Guess how seriously the courts take scallys who walk around at night with a flimsy bamboo cane or car aerial? Going Equipped? Nah.

:mad:

My mate lives in Burnage which is not one of the safest areas of Manchester. He also lives on a busy road and his driveway is on full view. A few months ago he drove round to my house in his new pride and joy - a Ford Focus ST3. As soon as I saw it I thought "uh-oh what are you doing Phil, this is asking for trouble ?". A few weeks later he rang me up to say he was held at knifepoint on his stairs at 4am by three thugs demanding his car keys. They'd kicked his front door down. That's one reason I'm a bit wary of going for a CLK next.

Two weeks ago today had my car stolen from my drive. Broke into house - took keys - took car..... only a company-owned piece of metal at the end of the day but I was more emotionally attached than that..

So sorry to hear your news. Cars so hard to steal now without keys that this is a fast growing crime. In some ways we were better off before.

Haven't seen your name on the websites for a while but remember well meeting you at the Port Solent GTG and how much you loved your pride and joy. Don't you dare leave Mercedes!:)

I live in a high crime area - had numerous house burglaries and car break-ins (but only car thefts have been from city centre car parks, in the dark old days of owning a montego and a cavalier!)

Only thing I can say is at least it was jus the car that went, and it's insured. We have locked gates front and rear, locked doors, alarm and dogs to sort out every night to be secure!

If interest rates and house prices continue to conspire with each other I can't see me moving any time soon either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom