Car stolen....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The only consolation is that when you get it back it will have been resprayed all over, and the inside professionally cleaned, I do not know if the bad feelings ever go away though

meanwhile driving hire cars and my free upgrade from Hertz this week was an Alfa GT 1.9 ???m. Stunning car to look at. Reasonable car to drive. Sounds like a tractor. and the 3.2 Quattro version is slower than a Focus ST.

Now that is clever. Your link to C320cdi shows the old model C class like yours. How do you do that? If you go to the MB site you get the new model only. Can I bring up my 220 series S class?

:bannana: get my car back next week :bannana:

Thank goodness it is a company car and your happy about driving it, reading this thread has left me horrified. Thugs breaking into a house and demanding car keys!!! What on earth is happening to our society? The government assures us that things are not as bad as the Daily Mail allege! :devil: Then I read this thread, Crime is falling, police numbers are increasing and our streets are far safer now than ten years ago. :) I suppose the streets might be safer, it appears the robbers have now decided to come into our houses?

Good luck with the car and hopefully it will get replace sooner, rather than later?

Regards
John

hi John thanks, 2 more years until replacement so hoping it's back to original.

Think the Goodyear F1 Eagles are staying on it.... although only at the rear...

EDITED TEXT: :) 4th July 2007
Two weeks ago today had my car stolen from my drive.

Meanwhile if not found in 3 weeks I get to order a new car -
Did the car meet up with that criteria? I was just wondering when the insurance company usually pays out on a stolen car? Your car was presumably stolen in the middle of June and was not recovered until late August?

I fully accept you are getting the vehicle back and am merely curious as to how long an insurance company will wait until they pay out?

Does your company lease vehicles complete with insurance or is what you experienced par for the course when a car gets stolen?

Apologies for being nosey,

Kind regards
John the curious

EDITED TEXT: :)Your car was presumably stolen in the middle of June and was not recovered until late August?

I fully accept you are getting the vehicle back and am merely curious as to how long an insurance company will wait until they pay out?

Does your company lease vehicles complete with insurance or is what you experienced par for the course when a car gets stolen?
hi u
22nd June or thereabouts, late August yes. Our company have a 5 week wait and see period. We lease with only 3rd party insurance.

hi u
22nd June or thereabouts, late August yes. Our company have a 5 week wait and see period. We lease with only 3rd party insurance.
Thank you very much indeed for that.;)

Kind regards
John

car returned on Friday.. couple of issues....
The Goodyear EAgle F1's turned out to be x1 with a winter michelin on the other side.
Apprently it was given now discs and pads all round.... don't know why but remember I only got 15k from the first set...
Don't know how many miles they did...
Model number put back - at least C320 but not CDI
Slight vibration that I put down to the tyres - let's see
Alloys got reconditioned - hampering tyre change liability ("Kwikfit")
Star damamged on bak from impact with bumper
Spare wheel had been used whilst stolen
Spare wheel tray missing

Couple of things left in car which garage assumed were mine
Air Freshner
Pack of aftermarket wheel nuts
Some strange device on keyring

my insurance company told me two weeks if not found. but then the car was found and crashed and it took three months to settle

And co-incidentally on the same day two people caught (matching fingerprints and dna in car) but let free as...

no evidence of them being my house, so not burglary
no evidence of them stealing my car, just being in it
no evidence of them being "carried by a stolen car" as although they had been in it there was no evidence of them being in the car when it was moving... (hmmm, crash, blood, dna)
no evidence of aggravated something....

What did you expect?
For them to be arrested and put in jail.
shock /horror/
Were they doing 35 in a 30? :crazy: :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom