car storage bubble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flat6buster

Car
W222 S350, 911sc
Hi All

Anyone with experience of the different types of storage bubble? STrikes me you have the Carcoon etc which are frameless and I'm not keen on because they drape over the car then inflate; the Airflow type which are all transparent PVC with a slim frame and the Cair-O-Port which looks a bit more substantial and has more advertised airflow over the car. However it looks like it takes up more space than the others because of its exoskeleton and I want to keep some bikes in the garage so space is tight.

Anyone have one of these and can give their views on it please?

I can vouch for the Carcoon Veloce, great bit of kit that does what it says on the tin. I opted for a framed version, as you mention I didn't want to have any of the carcoon touching the paintwork on any occasion. If the car went away damp I would turn it on and leave the vent fully open, then close the vent after it was obvious that the car and inside of the tent were dry. After that I would have it on a timer so it wasn't continuously pumping air into the tent, IMO wasting energy and money.

Thank you was not aware carcoon had a framed version, so they are a) added to my list and b) adding to confusion.

Alabassi I have a garage that is ancient with old, flaky lime-rendered walls. Having just spent £30,000+ on car restoration I don't want it covered in crud the moment I park it up. So not for anti-corrosion purposes, really I want one to save me washing it all the time and protecting the value in the refurb I did on the car. A car bubble is cheaper thanfixing up the garage. Simples.

Mine was used inside of a barn where previously birds and dust still got to the paintwork. I would wash the car prior to leaving home for a month at a time and when I returned I would need to wash the car again before I could use it.
It also offered piece of mind while eliminating bird droppings from staining the paintwork if left for longer periods of time.

I help a freind with his cars and we have 5 Carcoons with the frames, absolutely brilliant as you can just unzip them and drive in and that's it sorted. His are in a storage barn and he swaps certain cars over throughout the year.
As he uses ctek conditioners when at home I have put fast cnnectors on all the car to take the carcoon connectors and ctek as well.
They do various sizes, they do not do the tall version now as the main chap has retired now, we have a mixture of widths and heights but always try to go for the largest you can get to allow for different cars in the future.

I have the airchamber with frame drive in drive out, i keep the fans on all the time excellent piece of kit ,no dust or moisture available in different sizes but all 1.8mtr height
20200818-123520.jpg
[/url]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom