Car storage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buccal

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK55 AMG
Any recommendations for car storage companies pref in the south east?

I daily a modded MX5 and I wouldn’t mind laying it up over winter this year.

I’m happy to pay a reasonable amount but at the end of the day it’s worth 7/8k so I don’t want to be paying windrush type fees.

Any suggestions?

What do you think is a "reasonable amount?"

Base prices seem to be coming in about £40 week

Hi,
Have a look for include Caravan storage companies as well as I stored my C43 after my accident for £5 per week in barn type building, it was in the dry but the ends of the building was predominantly open and was perfect for me.
Around my way (New Forest) a lot of farmers and owners of small holdings supplement their income by offering this sort of service, I have a mate who rents a workshop very strange size small entrance low roof line etc for £40 per week, though I suspect the price reflects the time he has had it and its quite impractical size and shape, though good enough for working on one car.

What are the insurance implications of storing a car away from home?

Hi,
I wouldn't say there would be any insurance implications as long as it doesn't stipulates a specific address on the policy.
If its off the road there is no "legal" requirement to have it insured anyway, then it is down to how secure you feel the car is where it is stored, mine wasn't but then it was written off and wasn't drive-able.
The location of mine was so far off of any road and the location of the farmhouse behind several locked gates I felt confident it was safe, additional to this the owner was very specific I wasn't to advertise it where the location was and discouraged me to bring anyone with me when I went to the car.

Do you need to consider power so that you can keep the battery topped up?

If the storage barn burned down, whose insurance pays out?

I wouldn’t assume on yours paying out ...

£40 per week annualised is, what, c25% of the cars value?

Seems expensive

Plan Z, car got keyed today

Plan Z, car got keyed today
Absolute scum. I know wishes aren't real, but at times like this I always wish that the lovely person who did this would find that every time they go to bed there is a dog poo under the pillow for a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom