Car suggestions please (other than mercedes)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I work for Volvo, and in terms of engines... they are a fair way behind their german rivals at the moment. What Volvos are you looking at? XC's?

Jaguar XK 5.0 Portfolio Coupe (almost everything standard including ivory interior) .. simply one of the most elegant coupes around without excessive styling features, and a stonking NA V8.

amazing deals at the moment. Approx £21k discount.

as Barry knows, i was hating the BMW 5 GT, then for last few meets, been liking it..

q7 i love, but i think too big

Cayenne.. she loves, im not too keen
The 5 GT I would prefer the Volvo.

Ex-demo 6 Series?

I work for Volvo, and in terms of engines... they are a fair way behind their german rivals at the moment. What Volvos are you looking at? XC's?

only the 4x4 at mo, yeah.. they looks very sleek and versatile..

bmws are bland, mercs even blander (though new gl looks tasty, but bit steep price wise)

Jaguar XK 5.0 Portfolio Coupe .. simply one of the most elegant coupes around without excessive styling features, and a stonking NA V8.

amazing deals at the moment. Approx £21k discount.

Nicely done. For some reason I had totally forgotten about Jaguar. :eek:

Ex-demo 6 Series?

thinking, seen a few at spires sterling corner..

funny thing is my sales guy these was my old sales contact at colindale.. Roco...

he does not know his bmws yet though he has been there 2 years apparently

was reading out the brochure likes its the first time he has EVER seen it...:confused:

she is liking the F-Type.. and it is very interesting

HOWEVER IT REMINDS ME OF ANOTHER CONSTRAINT..

She plays Larosse, so needs to hold her stick and goalies kit

big ass bag for SWMBO

The Boss said:
volvo is interesting us at the moment..

Please read your point number six.

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

she is liking the F-Type.. and it is very interesting

HOWEVER IT REMINDS ME OF ANOTHER CONSTRAINT..

She plays Larosse, so needs to hold her stick and goalies kit

big ass bag for SWMBO

there's always the XK 5.0 Portfolio Convertible ..

XK has nominal rear seats for lacross kit.

and will be cheaper than F type

only the 4x4 at mo, yeah.. they looks very sleek and versatile..

bmws are bland, mercs even blander (though new gl looks tasty, but bit steep price wise)

As said by others, I wouldn't go for the 90, yes you can get a huge discount if buying new, around £13,000 i believe. But they are hugely dated and due for a new model. Very slow and very heavy on fuel. But still a nice car.

The XC60 is fantastic allbeit i tad gash with its offroading capability which im sure wont bother you. My advice is buy an R design, much nicer to look at. D5 AWD does suit this car well and has more than enough pulling power

XC70 although a tad "old manish" my god a black one with tinted windows and anthracite/ polished wheel, they look very cool! And drive well? Hands down the best volvo available today! I cant express enough how planted to the road they are yet very comfy! Go well too! I'm 21 and I would have one in a heart beat.

Alpina D5 Biturbo in Alpina Blue with the pinstripe decals with a cream interior, exclusive, quick, refined, loaded with kit.

A Jaguar XF Sportbrake 3.0 V6 S diesel with 275bhp seems to fit the bill.

DB9 & W12 GT are hideous on fuel and servicing is very expensive. Badges obviously have appeal however you'd be better off with a W216 CL63 if you're considering those and a CL500 does most of that for a lot less.

Please spare me from Volvo 4x4s! Which of the "fairly exclusive", "smart elegant style" and "should not have stigma of an old man/old womans car" criteria does the Volvo meet?

The Evoque may be the "now" car but spending £30k+ on a baby 4x4 will seem ludicrous in a couple of years time

Bearing in mind that, with anything remotely new, £10k of your budget will be blown in the first year in depreciation I suggest you look more at something that will appreciate

A bit of research turns up this as a hint to where you might look:

2244240.jpg

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C371575#

Nick Froome

Last edited:
What about a proper Range Rover?, I'm sure you could pick up a nearly new last of the mk3s for within budget, they look a lot better than the new one too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom