Car Superstore Service 2 months early or wait and get MDS?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you want to follow manufacturers service schedule then yes, it needs to be serviced every year even if the car doesn't turn the wheel and is dry stored in an air conditioned garage.
That is because the manufacturer assumes you will be using the car and covering 15,000 miles.
What can degrade and require it to go out of service in such a low mileage ?
If the warranty has expired then what is the point ?

Service is due March 6th, if I don't have it serviced more or less on time will it invalidate any remaining warranties (obviously the 3 year one has now expired).

Is there any benefit other than 1 year recovery service if I go for a plan of actually using a MB main dealer instead of an indy?

That is because the manufacturer assumes you will be using the car and covering 15,000 miles.
What can degrade and require it to go out of service in such a low mileage ?
If the warranty has expired then what is the point ?

No, if this was the case they would simply say the interval is 15k but they clearly say 15.5k or 1 year whatever comes first.

This is why I said IF you want to follow the manufacturers schedule you need to service it annually.

Service is due March 6th, if I don't have it serviced more or less on time will it invalidate any remaining warranties (obviously the 3 year one has now expired).

Is there any benefit other than 1 year recovery service if I go for a plan of actually using a MB main dealer instead of an indy?

I would think there is some grace period so depends how long this "more or less on time" would be. Full dealer service would help should you need to request a goodwill, but hopefully it will never come to this,

No, if this was the case they would simply say the interval is 15k but they clearly say 15.5k or 1 year whatever comes first.

This is why I said IF you want to follow the manufacturers schedule you need to service it annually.

I would think there is some grace period so depends how long this "more or less on time" would be. Full dealer service would help should you need to request a goodwill, but hopefully it will never come to this,

The grace period is 30 days, but once the car is out of warranty, this becomes academic - you can have the car serviced whenever you want, there's no real sanction if you don't. The anti-perforation warranty and Mobilo both get renewed at each service.

At any rate, car servicing schedules are pretty arbitrary, unlike other types of mechanical equipment (agricultural/mining/marine/aviation etc) where servicing is carried-out by operating hours, and not by distance covered.

The main issue with not adhering to manufacture recommended service schedule (once the car is out of warranty) is resale values. If you don't care much about that, then just have the car serviced as you see fit.

As for goodwill, this usually applies to 4th year only, but even so, MB are known to be ham-fisted compared to other manufactures - I wouldn't hold my breath.

Having worked as maintenance in a previous life within the aircraft industry, I still don't see the point of a service at 1000 miles, its like throwing away the yogurt when its still in date.

Probably the only reason to have it dealer serviced, "peace of mind" and all that

For recovery I would go green flag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom