Car thefts in Aberdeen.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Astounding! But then again, nothing surprises me with the police anymore. :dk:

Russ

Storm in a teacup. She's obviously a hothead, and out to get some attention. She'll probably turn up in a TV reality show before too long.

Now, now, we all know saying rude words on the internet is far more serious than any mere crime, and so much easier for the Police to chase up. Not that that would affect the way the Police do their job, oh no.

We only have the victim's account regarding the officers' visit.

Perhaps they came to advise the victim that it is unwise to tackle professional criminals using social media networks? Especially given that the criminals know exactly who they are and (obviously) where they live.

And I doubt that in the circumstances as described the PCW would have taken any 'screengrabs' from the computer without the owner's consent.

A grain of salt is needed here....

Aberdeen---- oil city----- still got a fairly buoyant economy in comparison to the UK in general= lots of young men in the area earning good money= lots of desirable performance cars to steal. Newmacher by the way is not in the city of Aberdeen its 20 miles outside the city limits. Was a typical sleepy N E Scotland village but has become a commuter dormitory town due to its close proximity to Dyce Airport and industrial estate. Looks as if some neds from the city took a little tour in the country looking to nick a performance car for some joyriding . Shame about their car being stolen but ironically the thieves may have targeted the couple originally by reading about their cars and lifestyle on Facebook.:doh:

Why is Facebook not closing this page. This is serious organised crime and needs treated as such.

The potential for a death either of a victim (I daren't imagine what will happen) if car owner accosts said thief on property, or if car thief is chased by police and loses control of the car as they'll likely kill someone on the wrong place at the wrong time in the accident

The blatant and wanton disregard for other peoples hard earned property and for law and order is staggering.

You know what FTP stands for??

MOCAŠ said:
Storm in a teacup. She's obviously a hothead, and out to get some attention. She'll probably turn up in a TV reality show before too long.

Do you not think she might wish these people didn't steal her car and she's upset by what happened?

I feel you're being a little unjust here, she's a victim.

We only have the victim's account regarding the officers' visit.

And I doubt that in the circumstances as described the PCW would have taken any 'screengrabs' from the computer without the owner's consent.

The Police admitted they warned the Woman about her comments on facebook and that they had taken screenshots of the messages.

Why would they need her permission to take a screenshot of a public record?

From recent experience, I will say the Police are definitely far too politically correct when it comes to defending law breakers and not good at ensuring justice for victims.

Dieselman said:
The Police admitted they warned the Woman about her comments on facebook and that they had taken screenshots of the messages.

From recent experience, I will say the Police are definitely far too politically correct when it comes to defending law breakers and not good at ensuring justice for victims.

I would echo that

I feel Facebook need to close the group down and report to the authorities.

I feel sorry for the victims but I have a sense this will end worse than a car being pinched with either a RTA killing innocent people or a violent crime if these thieves are accosted resulting in injury to the car owners.

I'm not overtly concerned about the well being of the thieves. What a world we live in...

Technically you could argue the woman has created a breach of the peace but it would be mad to consider even pursuing that one but I fear for their safety.

Why is Facebook not closing this page. This is serious organised crime and needs treated as such.

The potential for a death either of a victim (I daren't imagine what will happen) if car owner accosts said thief on property, or if car thief is chased by police and loses control of the car as they'll likely kill someone on the wrong place at the wrong time in the accident

The blatant and wanton disregard for other peoples hard earned property and for law and order is staggering.

You know what FTP stands for??

Have you ever heard of wee Scottish company called DMA design? Some laddies frae Dundee jist doon the road a bity frae Aberdeen----- originally started off with a harmless little game called " Lemmings" but grew up -- moved to Edinburgh became ROCKSTAR NORTH and made millions with a little game called--------------- GRAND THEFT AUTO!:devil::devil: Think that might have anything to do with it? This "digital reality " world the younger generation appear to "inhabit" where reality and fantasy seem to overlap has many facets- not all of them good :dk: Rockstar North - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

grober said:
Have you ever heard of wee Scottish company called DMA design? Some laddies frae Dundee jist doon the road a bity frae Aberdeen----- originally started off with a harmless little game called " Lemmings" but grew up -- moved to Edinburgh became ROCKSTAR NORTH and made millions with a little game called--------------- GRAND THEFT AUTO!:devil::devil: Think that might have anything to do with it? This "digital reality " world the younger generation appear to "inhabit" where reality and fantasy seem to overlap has many facets- not all of them good :dk: Rockstar North - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I loved that game when I was a teenager but I knew it was just a game. Quite why they are acting out beats me

I may have misread it, but my understanding was that PCW took the screengrabs from the lady's computer while at her house to give advice? I

markjay said:
I may have misread it, but my understanding was that PCW took the screengrabs from the lady's computer while at her house to give advice? I

Saves the PC having to get Facebook to provide the evidence, quite why they need evidence on the ladies Facebook I don't know but they need to trace that group down and put an end to this silliness of car theft

Very true DM but it strikes me this is might be a good an example of the increasing blurring of fantasy and reality of the digital world we live in. A world where thieves can fantasise about stealing cars on their computer in their bedroom at home with their mates----- go online and locate a likely target from someone's profile on facebook---- go steal the car for real using a technique they learned about on the internet-------- drive around Aberdeen for a few hours possibly filming themselves doing it----- meanwhile the distraught owner tells the world what happens and how she feels and lots of bystanders get some sort of vicarious thrill by participating online by sympathising with victim and trying to help her or by cheering on the thieves as they avoid capture by the police . Eventually the car is trashed- set on fire --- and the result posted online-- possibly by the thieves or their friends. To the people watching this online is this Grand Theft Auto or the real world - you can see where the lines can get blurred? :dk:

Saves the PC having to get Facebook to provide the evidence, quite why they need evidence on the ladies Facebook I don't know but they need to trace that group down and put an end to this silliness of car theft

The Police probably feel that the Crims may feel harassed by the Woman's comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom