car transportation companies that deal with shipping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
Hi

Can anyone recommend any companies that would collect a vehicle from my house in Scotland and transport it (via low-loader/transporter) to Hull and put it on a ferry? I'm selling a car and the purchaser (who is genuine, not a scam, club member etc) lives abroad. I need an easy way of getting the car shipped to his country from my doorstep.

cheers for any advice anyone can give! I've never done such a thing before so know nothing

Derek

A ferry to where? Why not pop it in a twenty foot container? When I worked in shipping this was considered the safest method.

Why not drive it

Derek,

I used to do this sort of thing myself it could cost a bit and you would be better off either driving it yourself (if possible) or even hiring a trailer and taking it yourself.

Where is it going?
Is someone collecting it from the Ferry at the other side (logistics of)?

Ferries go to Zeebrugge, Rotterdam and Scandinavia from Hull and if you want to get it across to Netherlands or Belgium I am sure you will have to travel with the car.

H.

When sending my Skyline Gtr to New Zealand I used a company who did the whole thing. Collected car on a low loader, then down to Southampton and into a container, then on boat to NZ.

Try a company called Ontime they have proper vehicle transporter and this is their business. Here a contact name that may point you in the right directions [email protected] Elizabeth, Bardley.
If you taking it out side the EU let me know as i can give you help here to including via boats or Aircraft.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom