Car Transportation Cost?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevesey

MB Enthusiast
Car
Alfa 156 1.8TS
I may want to move an MG Midget (non-runner) from Swindon to Bristol (40miles) how much should I expect to pay?

Around 50-100£s

Hire a transporter trailer, & tow it there yourself ? Dont know about where you live, but i can hire one here for £40 + vat per day

Hire a transporter trailer, & tow it there yourself ? Dont know about where you live, but i can hire one here for £40 + vat per day

Doesn't that depend on a). OP having a tow hook and b). OP's compentence on towing....(mine is poor if needing to reverse...:D)

Bear in mind that , with the 'dolly' type devices and self-tow type devices , where any of the towed vehicle's wheels are on the road - the towed vehicle must be insured .

These devices are only meant for recovery of a broken-down vehicle over a short distance and not transportation over a longer distance . A 'proper' trailer or recovery vehicle which lifts the vehicle to be moved completely off the ground in the best option .

i do recovery etc for a living, you need to find a operator based in your area, someone like me would have to drive 30 miles odd to get to you first so price goes up. as said above expect to pay between £50 and £100..

Last edited:
i just hired a car trailer for 40+vat here. If your looking to get it trransported, go to Cheap Couriers & Delivery Quotes - UK Courier Services, you place an ad and people will bid the lowest price to transport it. I got 75quid to pick up 70 miles away and drop off same day! worth a look!

I think this is the site my father used after I suggested transportation for his second car when they moved house. He hadn't considered it as he thought it costly which, which from previosu expereince I didn't think it was.

He got a good quote and a reliable service from the company doing the transporting.

Thanks for the info guys - may be useful in the future. But I didn't win this box of bits - maybe next time ;)

Post it here on SHIPLY

Using this I got two large boxes transported to Finland for £275, which was a bargain.

Thanks for the info guys - may be useful in the future. But I didn't win this box of bits - maybe next time ;)

There was a White one which didn't look a whole lot worse in the scrapyard I got some W126 bits out of last week .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom