Car Transporter/Trailer - Kent to Bucks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Folks
Does anybody know who can trailer a SWB Pajero from Kent - ME9 7QP to Bucks this week please?

Drop me a PM if you can help please.

Thanks

Bruce

Is it currently road legal ?

Do you have breakdown cover with onwards relay ? :devil:

It is road legal and I do have breakdown cover with relay. Just not sure how I stand there as I want the car collected from a garage where it currently sits (with the engine partly dismantled) and moved to another garage for repair.

Do I just call up and say it has broken and needs recovering to address xx? That is not a lie. Do I have to mention that it has already been in for an repair?

I have a reliable guy who might - I'll pm you with number. He's normally reasonable.

Just remembered, when I shipped my 420 SE up to SPX in the furthest reaches of darkness which even the dragons avoid, I used UShip for quotes. I happened to luck out with a driver just starting out and got a really good quote (Cotswold Transportation IIRC).

Last edited:
It is road legal and I do have breakdown cover with relay. Just not sure how I stand there as I want the car collected from a garage where it currently sits (with the engine partly dismantled) and moved to another garage for repair.

Do I just call up and say it has broken and needs recovering to address xx? That is not a lie. Do I have to mention that it has already been in for an repair?

I rather think that , at best , you'd need to be 'economical with the truth' ...

Suppose you'd collected it from the first garage and it had conked out after a short distance ; having lost all confidence in the first garage , you'd now like it taken to this other one ...

It would need the engine back together so it could plausibly have been driven a short distance ; or you'd broken down and attempted to fix it yourself before giving up and calling the recovery service .....

Some might feel that , having paid for breakdown cover over a number of years and not using it , that such a strategy was just getting something back that they'd paid out for :dk:

Speak to them.

Their detailed Ts & Cs might exclude what you're asking for - in which case no argument. But if the car *needs* to be moved to be fixed then you might ask how is this any different from it breaking down on your driveway and *needing* to be moved - but not the nearest repair centre but one of your choice which is a bit further away.

Last edited:
FWIW, the AA wanted to charge me £150 to recover my 211 from a nearby MB workshop to a trusted indy - probably about 20 miles in total. They told me that relay and recovery were for on the road breakdowns only.

Speak to Istvan at Bristoltrailer, used him loads of times, mention John from Camberley, he will look after you, 07551 626736

Thank you everybody for your help. I got the best quote from a chap local to me. He is also (it turns out) a friend of a friend so is trusted and reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom