Car Valuations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SimonsMerc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Merc S212 E350 CDI BlueEfficiency Sport 256bhp, Suzuki GSX-650F, Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Dynamic
The most accurate internet car valuation guide I've ever seen is here:

http://www.freecarvaluations.co.uk/

You need to type in your registration number and mileage. The 'trade' price you get quoted is almost exactly the same as CAP (Current Auction Price), which is most likely the value you'll be quoted for your car as a part exchange.

There are of course other sites if you don't have the registration number, from what car:

http://www.whatcar.com/newautotrader/valuations_search.asp

and from Vauxhall (which uses Glasses, although it's not updated more than once a month):

http://www.virtual-showroom.co.uk/s...uxhall&laf=vauxhall&nuvvpath=b&sessionid=0url

and from Wisebuyers:

http://www.wisebuyers.co.uk/motoring/used-car-prices/

These are in my opinion far less accurate on trade prices, and will often offer an inflated or unrealistic 'trade' value. Go with the first link if you can :)

Hope you find this useful.

-simon

Last edited:
Just put my details in, not worth anything. Ah well might as well keep it then!:bannana:

MERCEDES-BENZ S CLASS SALOON S500 4dr Auto

The estimated retail price for this car is:
No Retail Value
The estimated trade value of this car is:
No Trade Value
1 Previous Owner(s)

The amounts quoted above assuming that the car is of average
condition and in good working order.

Neither is the C43. The Sclass £ 45000 trade in. Six months old £ 94,000 :eek: :eek: , i should not have had all those extras :)

no Retail Value, no trade value it tells me ... that's impressive

The most accurate internet car valuation guide I've ever seen is here:

http://www.freecarvaluations.co.uk/

You need to type in your registration number and mileage. The 'trade' price you get quoted is almost exactly the same as CAP (Current Auction Price), which is most likely the value you'll be quoted for your car as a part exchange.

There are of course other sites if you don't have the registration number, from what car:

http://www.whatcar.com/newautotrader/valuations_search.asp

and from Vauxhall (which uses Glasses, although it's not updated more than once a month):

http://www.virtual-showroom.co.uk/s...uxhall&laf=vauxhall&nuvvpath=b&sessionid=0url

But, these are *far* less accurate on trade prices, and will often offer an inflated or unrealistic 'trade' value. Go with the first link if you can :)

Hope you find this useful.

-simon
I used the first one Simon and it worked great very useful link mate.

What a load of rubbish

Well all i can say is, don't take the first link as gospel.

It says the trade value of mine is £6575

What a load of cobblers.......:eek:

If you can find another car like mine for such low money, i will bite your hand off at the elbow and buy as many as i can afford!!!

WAY WAY WAY under-valued.....not just by a few hundred - but by several thousand !!!

you have to remember that trade price is usually 2K below retail.. also the first link is a crude indicator with no real adjustments for trim level...

however still its not far off for the couple of cars I have tested..

That first link appears pretty accurate. It seems to tally with wisebuyers valuations pretty well apart from being lower on the actual trade value.

you have to remember that trade price is usually 2K below retail.. also the first link is a crude indicator with no real adjustments for trim level...

however still its not far off for the couple of cars I have tested..

The first link gave me the exact figure you offered me for my BMW in part exchange against one of your cars, Jay ;-)

Yes, there are no adjustments for trim level, but when all's said and done, with some notable exceptions such as COMAND, trim level doesn't make a car more valuable - just more sellable.

-simon

you have to remember that trade price is usually 2K below retail..

What kind of retail are you talking about?

MB main franchise???? mmm - £2k on a car of this value - then yes.

Private seller values usually start around trade money or thereabouts.

If you look on Auto Trader using lowest price first, at a comparable car, then the trade price quoted by the first link is around £3k too low.

It might be ok for some but like i said, dont treat it as gospel.

If you can find another car like mine for such low money, i will bite your hand off at the elbow and buy as many as i can afford!!!

WAY WAY WAY under-valued.....not just by a few hundred - but by several thousand !!!

All I can say is, go and ask to part exchange it and see if dealers will actually give you more for it. Your options make it more sellable, but not necessarily more valuable in trade.

Of course if you sell privately you'll be much better off because people will sometimes pay more for a specification they want.

In a Mercedes garage yesterday a 2008 registered car with delivery miles was on offer for only £18995, judging by how few people are even looking at cars at the moment, I'm sure that would come down even further. You might be surprised how little a 2004 car is worth as a trade in.

Russ

Certain cars are more affected by trim level than others... For example an ML is worth a lot more with family pack than without (adds at least 1-1.5K).. Same goes for W203 coupe if its an Evo with pano roof...

Others have more standardised trim levels and so valuaions will be more accurate with the link above.

The first link is bang on for what I've been recently offered for mine as part ex. by 3 dealerships. It's scary how little my car is now worth to a trader.

In a Mercedes garage yesterday a 2008 registered car with delivery miles was on offer for only £18995, judging by how few people are even looking at cars at the moment, I'm sure that would come down even further. You might be surprised how little a 2004 car is worth as a trade in.

Russ

"Comparable" 2004 cars on auto trader suggest otherwise.....

But then, at the end od the day, something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

"Comparable" 2004 cars on auto trader suggest otherwise.....

But then, at the end od the day, something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

Autotrader is NOT trade price. Autotrader is how much someone would like for their car. Note that this does not mean that the cars are selling at those prices ;-)

Anyway, this thread is explicitly about trade values - how much your car is worth if you want to part exchange it.

Not impressed. Maybe it's accurate, but it produced a figure about £5k less than I had mentioned in a very early discussion with a trader.

David

Prehaps it is an accurate indication of what used cars are worth in the current ecconomic climate. We all think our cars are worth more to us, but to a dealer it's just about profit and how quick a car will move (or more likely how long it will take to shift).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom