Car value from auction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Isleofbob

Car
C250 cgi 2010
Hi my name is Bob
I’m 73 years of age, and have been persuaded by my good friend i should buy a C250 cgi 2010 car from an auction, to give me something to do maintaining it, it’s in very good condition inside and out, and has only done 48,000 miles, my question is, what should I be looking to pay, auction costs would be around £400 ,
Many Thanks Bob

I think he means the buyer's fee would be around £400...

Welcome Bob. You will find this a very useful and friendly forum if you buy the car.

Buying at auction is a risky business; it's a good way to get rid of a polished turd with no comeback... Are you an experienced auction buyer, or do you or your friend know something good about the car that other bidders won't? I gather the market is very strong at the moment, so I doubt there are bargains to be had unless you're very lucky.

You might like to post the same query in the General Discussion forum; it will get more exposure, and if there are known faults the car might have, with luck somebody will say so.

Last edited:
Also £400 buyer's premium seems cheap by time vat is added

I don't know about value, however the 2010 C250 CGI (pre-facelift) will have the M271 Turbo engine, which are prone to premature timing chain failure, so if you can get to see the car up close before buying, then listen for any metallic rattle from the front of the engine. Other than that they are quite powerful cars (for a 4-cyl), with the engine producing 201bhp.

As for how much to pay for this car in an auction... I would suggest an online evaluation from the likes of webuyanycar.com, then reduce the value by... what? 20%? 30%? Others might have a view.

read the telegraph the other day online, and at the moment with used car prices going through the roof, dealers are going to the car supermarkets to buy cars, as they are cheaper there than in auction. If youre prepared to buy as it stands from a car supermarket, you could bag a good deal. Then theres always the classifieds, autotrader and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom