Car wash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm surprised that microfiber beats chammy, I'm modernising then, cheers folks

Ahh thought as much, mines silver too (palladium).
Seriously. I will never have a white or dark colour car again. Silver is a dream!

One other advice piece. Wheels. These Sclasses are like most Mercs heavy on brakes and the dust is a bugger to shift when its had time to bed in.....I clean my wheels twice a week even if the car misses a wash, come rain or shine!

Seriously. I will never have a white or dark colour car again. Silver is a dream!

One other advice piece. Wheels. These Sclasses are like most Mercs heavy on brakes and the dust is a bugger to shift when its had time to bed in.....I clean my wheels twice a week even if the car misses a wash, come rain or shine!

Over teh years my wife and I have had loads of silver cars and never thought they were any better at "looking" clean. My wife's B class is sliver & IMO always seems to appear dirtier than my white car (I hand wash both of them).

My first MB was a silver S203, when I first bought it I meticulously washed, clayed, paint corrected and polished/waxed it. Looked OK, but never brilliant whether just washed or not washed for a couple of weeks! My red ones are different - when given a full once over they look superb, but they do show the dust etc when left outside (the S204 lives on the driveway) and/or have been used in less than perfect weather. However, one of my criteria for both cars was "not silver, black or similar colour"!!

Snap, I always wipe em down when there's a hint of dust. Had to wet n dry too many wheels in the past..
Here's my tip....... We live nr the coast so the sky is full of gulls. I always keep a bucket on the drive with a wet cloth. Every time my car's a target I wipe it off (daily 😭)
Works a treat n the buckets always got rain water in at least.

Hey, another tip, care of the Mrs...
Park the car on the drive, nose towards house.
Makes the three pointed star less of a target for passing vermin. (polite term for yobs)

Makes the three pointed star less of a target for passing vermin. (polite term for yobs)

I just park mine in the garage...... Its like a game of tetris in there. Especially with the hot tub taking up the corner...
20200916_192026.jpg

I'm surprised that microfiber beats chammy, I'm modernising then, cheers folks

I used to use the traditional chammy and then moved on to the synthetic versions when they came out mainly because of the problem of the leather ones going hard. Then, when I took an in interest in detailing, I moved on to this microfibre towel after seeing it recommended on Detailing World - DRINKER
It really does the job brilliantly. I pat it against the wet panel and it sucks up the water very effectively but you can also drag the towel gently across
a large horizontal panel like the bonnet.
No doubt there are other similar items available and many cheaper versions but this has lasted well since I bought it 2 years ago so for me that's good value. (I have no connection with the supplier or the product other than as a satisfied customer).

Pretty sure they'd recognise the butt or snout if it was a car they were after....

I went to our local car wash for a full valet

It took them around 10 minutes to do they exterior, but I had to wait 6 hours for them to finish the interior!

It turns out they were Slovaks.

I went to our local car wash for a full valet

It took them around 10 minutes to do they exterior, but I had to wait 6 hours for them to finish the interior!

It turns out they were Slovaks.

🥴🥴🥴

That's ideal but mines home to a nice motorbike and all the paraphernalia that goes with it :)

Got a space for one, but I'm holding off. Lost two mates to bikes, another now paralysed and with a two kids under 6 I just don't trust myself or general road users in my area. Bucket list for now unfortunately.

But I I would love a few hogs and street fighters.

Got a space for one, but I'm holding off. Lost two mates to bikes, another now paralysed and with a two kids under 6 I just don't trust myself or general road users in my area. Bucket list for now unfortunately.

My wife spent years working in the spinal unit of a hospital....most of her patients were bike accidents. When my son wanted a motorbike she took him to work to chat to some of the (mostly) young men. He never asked again.

@Rorywquin

"My wife spent years working in the spinal unit of a hospital....most of her patients were bike accidents. When my son wanted a motorbike she took him to work to chat to some of the (mostly) young men. He never asked again. "

Sad story but at least if education of the risks saves lives......worth it. My son has a bike and i cringe daily!

I make you so right, I rode professionally for 10 yrs, advanced. Had to save my bacon almost daily. Retired early so the bike almost never comes out now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom