Car washing!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matc88

Car
Ml270 cdi
Don't know if there is another thread on this, (I couldn't find one)

What do you all use for a general wash, wax, etc. including wheels.

What is recommended as the so called best product for your money.

Leather seat, cloth seats, carpets. Etc.

:)

I think a lot comes down to personal preference, i like Auto Finesse products.

Wash with good quality shampoo and wash mit not a sponge, two bucket method.

Dry with micro fibre drying cloth.

Clay bar.

Polish.

Wax / sealant.

Wheel wax / sealant.

Leather i prefer a cleaner then a cream, dash / trim a mat / satin cleaner conditioner.

As i say though its all preference and everyone will have different products and methods..

Washed mine today. Used the hosepipe to blast the dust off and to soak the dirt that wasn't removed, then used a wash mit and rinsed with the hose on one panel at a time. So just water really. Then dried it with a leather to avoid the water marks drying on.
I waxed it about two weeks ago after washing as above and the majority of the water beaded and just ran off, leaving very little for the leather.

Washed mine today. Used the hosepipe to blast the dust off and to soak the dirt that wasn't removed, then used a wash mit and rinsed with the hose on one panel at a time. So just water really. Then dried it with a leather to avoid the water marks drying on.
I waxed it about two weeks ago after washing as above and the majority of the water beaded and just ran off, leaving very little for the leather.

You must have my sence of timing. Washed mine today, and forecasting rain tommorrow. Much the same with cutting the grass!!

Wheel Cleaner - Leave to soak while I prepare (both) buckets

Rinse with Pressure Washer to get rid of fine grit and soak into road grime and salt.

Citrus Prewash - Allow to soak

Rinse off everything, do the wheel wells and wheels

Wash from Top to Bottom (with Colourcoded Mitts, green for clean, blue for the rest. Everything above the trim piece halfway up the door is clean.)

Rinse well

Dry with waffle pattern cloths (leather traps grit)

Admire the result (invite the family to also admire the result). Take picture and invite your friends to admire the result.

All in all, no longer than an Hour.

This is the standard twice monthly routine. I haven't had good enough weather yet to clay, polish or wash.

Now I'm confused, why all the hate for Wiltshire?

BTW I'm a colonial commoner!

I do believe old boy that you will find it is just gentle joshing :)

I do believe old boy that you will find it is just gentle joshing :)

Sorry cant hear you over the sound of the cows walking past the house :D:D

I do love the English sense of humour, your joshing is appreciated.

Weirdly this isn't the only thread that I'm getting grief for living in Wiltshire:doh:

No moon raking is our traditional pastime ;)

Weirdly this isn't the only thread that I'm getting grief for living in Wiltshire:doh:

They're just envious ;)

Ah yes, the cows are currently in the next field but their gentle lowing is still quite audible and I find; quite comforting :)

Last edited:
Don't know if there is another thread on this, (I couldn't find one)

What do you all use for a general wash, wax, etc. including wheels.

What is recommended as the so called best product for your money.

Leather seat, cloth seats, carpets. Etc.

:)

Fairy liquid. The green one.

As Carrsey......down to personal preference......I use Chemical Guys products because I believe them to be a good product at sensible money and Dave is very user friendly and will give advice about the products when asked.

Mic

I must admit I am not one for exotic washes (no nothing to do with soapy Thai girls :D ), but washed my car yesterday with some very cheap Canuba (sic) wax/wash stuff I bought in Aldi a few weeks ago, it seems to be actually very good stuff, no streaks after and was I was economical with the dilution too.

Hi I use Showroom shine it's a dry wash wax product and it gives a wonderful finish. If it gets bird lime on it it comes off easy with a damp cloth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom