car wax---which one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sealandroader

Car
212 e class
hello all, can anyone with the relevant experience of car waxes , point me in the direction of one that is not to hard to polish off and also does not dry white, i am sure that there must be a clear one available, halford maybe?

For me, having tried a few I stick to Autoglym Super Resin Polish (ok not a wax) and a finish with the Extra Gloss Protection. I find shine good and the "teflon" effect keeps car clean and easy to wash. White streaks can be eliminated by applying sparingly. Don't forget to polish those alloys as well, works to prevent brake dust build up and again a blast with the pressure washer is all it takes to clean them.

srp polish first then extra gloss then finish with collinite wax excellent results and all easy on easy off

If you're wanting to get an off the shelf product from Halfords as you mentioned then I'd say try this Turtle Wax Ice Paste Wax it does not leave white marks on plastics or rubber, it can actually also be used to blacken the plastics and rubber instead leaving a high water resistant finish. Very good product in my opinion.

Halfords are doing the 3for2 deal on all car cleaning chemicals at the moment so you could buy...

Autoglym Clay kit

Turtle Wax Ice Paste Wax

and get

Autoglym Custom Wheel Cleaning Kit Free

As an example.

Just spotted this to anyone on a budget http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_812617_langId_-1_categoryId_165671

Can't complain for £10!

Or buy 3 of these and have enough wax to last a life time! http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_196567_langId_-1_categoryId_165527

Options are endless!

If anyone needs some shampoo... 2.5L of Autoglym for £14.99 1 Litre is still £9.99! So you could get 7.5 litres for £29.98!! Bargain.

Last edited:
Auto-Glm Super resin polish first

then

Auto-Glm High Def Wax :D

There as so meny. What would you like budget at?

Collinite 915

I'd well recommend claying the car before waxing SL, you'll be amazed how good the paint feels afterwards. I'd personally go for Bilt Hamber Clay as you only need to use water as a lubricant.

I then used Nanolex Nanowax, although it's £18.00 for a 100ml bottle (but does last surprisingly as you only need to use is sparingly). Collinite is a great and within your budget and will last ages.

You will get many different answers to your question and they will all be valid. The probability is that all good quality waxes do an equally good job.
I have just won a Concours competition using 50/50 Connoisseur Paste Wax LTD edition from Chemical Guys......Collinite is also good......as is apparently AG HD.
To get the best from whichever wax you chose it is down to the preparation as with so many jobs and depending upon the objective and the time and the will is going to depend upon the processes you embark upon.....and the current state of the car.
Starting from scratch I washed, clayed, polished, glazed, 2x seal, 2x waxed.....between future waxes you may well wash and use a detail spray to maintain the car looking good.
You could wash, clay if needed, polish if needed and then wax which should be adequate for personal pride.
Collinite's 845 Insulator Wax is possibly a long lasting wax for general purpose daily runners.

Mic

well its down to halford armed with all that info from you guys, thanks alot i will let you know the rsulting choice.

Here you go, take your pick.

DSC00518.jpg

Jeez Detailed, that's a few pennies worth :thumb:

Now scare everyone with the price of just that 1 Crystal Rock wax :)

Knowing the price of the Crystal Rock does it make an appreciable difference over a wax costing say £30/£40 per tub?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom