Car width including mirrors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FazMan

Car
Push Bike!
Could someone provide me with the car widths including mirrors for the following models (2002 registration) as our garage door is rather narrow.

E320 - E500
CLK 420 - 500

And as a reserve, C32AMG, if a good one should come up for sale

I have to fold the mirrors on my CLC to get into the garage, fold them at the last minute before they reach the door frame and then back again when inside. Of course, you can only do this if they can be folded from inside the car.

This is something I never considered when I bought the car. :doh: My BMW 320i went in easily, with room to spare.

Could someone provide me with the car widths including mirrors for the following models (2002 registration) as our garage door is rather narrow.

E320 - E500
CLK 420 - 500

And as a reserve, C32AMG, if a good one should come up for sale
Owners manual/search mercedes site?

Found the dimensions for the 2nd-generation CLK (W209): 1991mm (78.4") including mirrors, 1740mm (68.5") without, so the mirrors add just under 10 inches overall.

The W208 was less than an inch narrower (67.8"), so including mirrors it shouldn't be far off 78 inches, assuming that the mirrors themselves aren't much larger.

The C32 AMG was 1728mm (68") wide, so again, an extra 10 inches should cover the mirrors.

Thanks for the info, didn't consider the ability to fold them as they go past the frame:wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom