Car windscreen Herts, recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

horatio

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK, 190E
Not sure where to ask but can anyone recommend a good car windscreen/glazier who cover the Herts/N.London area?

I need the 190’s rear window removed/refitted as leaking. I’ve had it done twice before, including a new seal (no rust on the lip at all). It’s getting tedious so need it done right this time!

Maybe not local , but Old School Windscreens are highly recommended on various fora ; perhaps worth the journey for a proper job ?

If you do take your car to them , please report back on here and let us know how you got on .

Is it definitely a windscreen leak ? One of my 190s had a leak from one of the rear sunroof drains , due to corrosion in the cassette . It is a common issue . You can drop the headlining at the rear door to inspect .

Last edited:
Hi yep its definitely the window itself, I have removed the parcel shelf etc and can see where the water enters. The last lot sealed around the edge and its falling away. I found the WIS sheet on the 190 owners forum and have ordered a tube of the proper 3M sealant. I'm going to supervise every second this time. You can't trust anyone to do their job properly!

I'm going to have a stab at removing it myself, prep and call someone out to refit.

I dealt with the sunroof drains a few years back!

Fingers crossed no serious rust has developed since last time :rolleyes:

Reactions: 219

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom