Car won’t start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickWal

Car
E-Class Convertible 2015
Got into the car this morning. When I turn the key the car tries to start, but won’t. The rear window on the drivers side goes down a bit and the seatbelt arm comes out and makes a strange rattling sound.

I have a breakdown company coming out later, but wondering if anybody has experienced this and any indications of what the problem could be?

Thanks

Flat battery, can you charge it ?

Definitely a flat battery, the dreaded covid symptom. In that state, the electronics go haywire, hence the strange things that are happening.

Thanks everyone. Doesn’t sound too bad then. Fingers crossed

What was weird was it did this in February when it was very cold. Didn’t need to charge the battery and it started by itself, albeit after a few attempts. Been fine since, until today.

Was it the battery ?

Was it the battery ?
Hi. Yes it was. The breakdown man gave it a charge to get it going. Went to Halfords the following day and they hooked their meter up to it which gave a 39% charge / change battery message. Hopefully get the battery replaced by the dealer on Thursday.

Halfords battery is £167 fitted but apparently there’s a nationwide shortage and he normally has them in. Been no stock for 3 weeks. He was then recommending the ultimate battery that’s better than Halfords version and costs £320. He could get one of them the same day.........

is your battery the same as mine ? They are £135 at the moment.

Hi. Not sure. This is the one that is faulty 1B2F913B-742B-49AF-934E-C8AD0C89AC85.jpeg

stop start has never worked since I had the car (Jan this year) and weird issues like when I close a window fully and release the button, the window opens an inch.

The ECO button is green but still no stop start.

Yes it’s the same battery, cost you £135 from the link I sent you, you will also find you stop/start will work again.

£320 ? You having a laugh .

Yes it’s the same battery, cost you £135 from the link I sent you, you will also find you stop/start will work again.

£320 ? You having a laugh .
Thanks. I think the supplying dealer is replacing. Got to drive it to Bristol tomorrow for the battery and a couple of other niggles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom