Car wont change Gears:Gears locked : Auto 2006 ,E280

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nyemba

Car
mercedes, e280
Hello guys

I am new to this forum.
I own 2006 ,E280 ,
Recently the car will take 3 or 4 kicks to start in the morning.
Then the gear started to be funny and gearbox has locked , and stuck in high gear.

What can i do to unlock the grarbox, something to do with pressure.
Any help would be helpful.i dont want spent a fortune on it-

Any help please guys.
Thank you in adance guys

Last edited:
Replace the fluid is the first thing I would do.

Belive me iv had my issues with auto boxes and if its stuck in gear you need to get the codes read and post your error codes it could be lots of things causing this problem.

Diesel Pete has given you the best advice on your problem. It needs a diag session on STAR. Anything else would be pure guess work and a potential waste of money.

THANKS a lot guys,for this,it makes you realize there is a family out there.
Booked the car in and will update you all next Friday when the car is returned.

updates next week

I had the same issue and all signs pointed to the speed sensor in the transmission but after a star diagnosis it was a dying battery which the cause, luckily it was under warranty, so replaced it and its running back to normal.

Check the battery otherwise get a diagnosis otherwise you could end up spending more money than needed

so after months of trying to solve the problem,the garage says its the gearbox i that need changing.apparently it has developed an internal fault which can not be repaired.is there any garages that recondition gearboxes in the Yorkshire area.

will update you guys

so after months of trying to solve the problem,the garage says its the gearbox i that need changing.apparently it has developed an internal fault which can not be repaired.is there any garages that recondition gearboxes in the Yorkshire area.

will update you guys

I smell bull****. Try another reputable workshop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom