carat duchatelet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

didgit

Car
Silver C220CDI
carat duchatelet
i have seen a few cars with this sub name mostly W124s so have searched the net, ive found out that they do armered cars and limos so the question is
if a W124 300 ce has this carat duchatelet what are the differences going to be as to a standard 300 ce.

it could be anyhting - i have seen a gull wing 500 SEC (126) - and a 124 with a set of wheels - all badged carat...

im pretty sure they are just a top level custom car bunch - obv most of the work is bullet proofing etc...

carat duchatalet started off as just an accessories company, most 124's that have this badge will just have uprated alloys and/or suspension. They have recently (late 90's) moved into doing armoured vehicles etc..
So in most cases, doesnt mean much!

jaymanek said:
carat duchatalet started off as just an accessories company, most 124's that have this badge will just have uprated alloys and/or suspension. They have recently (late 90's) moved into doing armoured vehicles etc..
So in most cases, doesnt mean much!

I agree with jaymanek on this,I have a boot spoiler made by this company on my car now,Also every now and again I've seen bits and bobs popping up on ebay for various cars.

If I remember correctly, Lancaster group were the UK importers for this MB tuner.

Body Kit

I agree with jaymanek on this,I have a boot spoiler made by this company on my car now,Also every now and again I've seen bits and bobs popping up on ebay for various cars.
:bannana: Got a 1987 -260e top of the range ,with a full body kit,lowerd suspension on, from this company ....
I DON`T KNOW IF THIS IS ORIGANAL/OR NOT? AS I BOUGHT IT LIKE THIS!
Now has a silent perfomance exhaust on as well,HAVE ORDERD SOME PERFORMANCE SPARK PLUGS ,PERFORMANCE AIR FILTER,LEADS,AND DIZZY CAP...

This car is smooth to drive ,looks great ,loads of comfort,and now has a bit more umh!
Have recently come back from wales where i notched up around 600 miles in a week-the car peformed effetless,body kit and suspension kept it huging the road at all times.
next upgrade will be the brakes on it -might be disck upgrade or just pads??????
IS THERE ANY WAY TO FIND OUT IF THESE CARS ARE ORIGANAL OR NOT????
I HAVE TRIED THERE WEB SITE -BUT NEVERER GOT A ANSWER!!!
REGARDS
BENZ BANGER:eek:

Body Kit

:bannana: Got a 1987 -260e top of the range ,with a full body kit,lowerd suspension on, from this company ....
I DON`T KNOW IF THIS IS ORIGANAL/OR NOT? AS I BOUGHT IT LIKE THIS!
Now has a silent perfomance exhaust on as well,HAVE ORDERD SOME PERFORMANCE SPARK PLUGS ,PERFORMANCE AIR FILTER,LEADS,AND DIZZY CAP...

This car is smooth to drive ,looks great ,loads of comfort,and now has a bit more umh!
Have recently come back from wales where i notched up around 600 miles in a week-the car peformed effetless,body kit and suspension kept it huging the road at all times.
next upgrade will be the brakes on it -might be disck upgrade or just pads??????
IS THERE ANY WAY TO FIND OUT IF THESE CARS ARE ORIGANAL OR NOT????
I HAVE TRIED THERE WEB SITE -BUT NEVERER GOT A ANSWER!!!
REGARDS
BENZ BANGER:eek:

Hi There
On most true conversions by this company ,my guess would be the weight-due to extra metal ,thicker glass,body kit, wheels ,strenthing to floors ect.
I HAVE A 260E WITH FULL BODYKIT AND LOWERD SUSPESION ON BY THIS COMPANY,-I am trying to find out if mine is a genuine one or if it has just the kit and accesories fitted...
I have tried the company direct but have had no answer back -hope you do better than me...!
GEOFF

Geoff, See my post above..

There isnt really any such thing as a genuine conversion... these were never done at factory... These were bits added by the owners, whether it was done at a Carat dealer or not it doesnt really matter... You could have as much or as little as you wanted.. from a door lock pin to a full transformation including body styling, wheels, suspension, interior etc...

Sounds like an iffy jewelry brand on one of the many price bid shopping channels to me.

Last edited:

Have you tried the performance chip on eBay? Apparently adds 10bhp to any car!

Is that the BUDDY ONE??
If so would it work on mine?, as they state from 88 onwards??
mines a 87 260e
what chip is this ??
regards
Geoff

That 560 looks mind blowing!!!
Thanks for the info anyway....
does this company still do the parts/acessories, as everytime i try and get on there site it ,it makes my computer have a fit !
regards
Geoff

ps. MY FRIEND MIGHT BE SELLING HIS 560SEL (i think thats what it was)any way ,if intrested post some contact details for me and i`ll give them to him.

sure everybody with some sort of part on there car, from this company loves u right now!
me i couldn`t give a rats a*s i paid just over £500 for a top of the range merc 260e with extras ,2 owners from new,s`history,ect
PI** easy to drive when u have M/S and work on and is now quicker than my mates scooby imp turbo wich he paid a fortune for and is all plasticky and cheap cr*p inside .
SO YEH I CAN LIVE WITH THE "CHEAP BODY KIT" ON IT AS I ONLY USE IT TO TAKE MY GERMAN SHEPARD OUT FOR A WALK ,OR SHOW SUM LITTLE T*AT UP WHO`S EXHAUST IS BIGGER THAN BOTH HIS BRAIN AND ENGINE..........
All the best
BENZ BANGER (hence the name???)

Last edited:
I think your caps lock key keeps sticking. ;)

IIRc they were offered some flat faced AMG type alloys and 'mild' bodykits.

Looked pretty good 'back in the day' 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom