Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You boys should be carefull...have you not heard of the CCM??

No?

The Caravan Club Mafia. ears and eyes everywhere :devil:

They'll never catch me alive. I could outrun them. On foot.

PMSL :D :D

Thank you Charles, have had a bad day at the office and this truly made me laugh, this forum wins again.:thumb:

You've PYSL twice in this thread. I'm sure the Caravan Club or Saga have some appropriate 'equipment' for those little embarrassments on those long old drives...:D

Last edited:
I doubt his helmet is going to get near to a pregnancy in a very long time, Mocas.

And HELLO sloe gin!!!!! just had my first sniffter....very nice!

gods I'm doing it again, PMSL :D :D

I've heard it even happens when you're mounted...

4789036304_713ea1a8bc.jpg

I'm only 34
So you might have passed the car driving test before 1/1/97, and therefore already have the B+E entitlement on your licence. Which would be helpful :)

Otherwise, assuming your caravan weighs over 750 kg you're limited to a caravan/car combination of 3500 kg maximum (in total). Sounds OK, but that's based on the maximum allowed weight (MAM) of both the car and the caravan. The caravan's MAM must also be less than the car's unladen weight.

Regardless of licence entitlements etc., unless your caravan is a real lightweight I suspect a Golf (assuming it's the hatchback) is going to be very marginal for towing a caravan. Simply too light.

If you post the following, you can get a definitive answer:

1. Caravan's 'mass in running order' and 'maximum allowable weight' a.k.a. MTPLM (stamped on a plate, normally below the door).

2. From your car handbook:

- kerbweight
- maximum gross weight
- braked trailer towing limit
- maximum trailer noseweight

3. Whether your driving licence has the B+E entitlement

We're off in the caravan today :D but some of the other experienced towers will advise if you give the necessary info!

Good luck :)

Just to bump this back again:

HALFORDS qouted me £430 for twin electrics towball, parts only not fitted.

MotorMania qouted me £130 for bar +£30 for electrics + £15 for tow ball parts only.

How much am should I expect to pay for supply and fit for twin electrics??:dk:

^ When I had the removable westfailer bar fitted to my ML it was done so by a mobile fitted who came to the house.

£330 all in for bar, twin electric and by pass relay.

Have a look here, I reckon you could get someone to fit for £100 ?

http://www.towequipe.co.uk/itemlist.html

I would think £350 - £400 for removable.

That's what I would go for, looks much neater and saves you banging your legs on it when not in use..

OK so for more advice :doh:

The twin electric towball is getting fitted by TOWRITE of Upminster this Thursday, £270 (the removable was quoted at £370). Thank you for your help with that.

Now a questions from HWMBO,

The inside of our 'van' is a little shabby, what paint should we use, have done some searching but not finding a solid reply. I'm guessing some sort of vinal based item due to felxing of the panels yet would this prevent the inside 'breathing' and lead to damp??

Thanks in advance :D

Congratulations on your impending purchase.

Avoid painting. Unless done professionally it WILL look awful and destroy any prospects of resale!!

Unlikely that anything more than a proper clean is required unless the body is actually damaged. Try contacting some local car valeters - some do caravans, boats, etc.

Finally, try the Caravan Talk forum. Not as good as MBClub but good enough for caravanning stuff. You'll see a few MBClub members on their ;)

Finally the Golf will almost certainly be a poor match for your caravan, especially given that you're inexperienced when it comes to towing.

Thank you for your reply BobbyD.

Is it defo a no go for painting the inside walls of the van?? Can wall paper or fablon be used instead?
:dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom