Carbon ceramic brake pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chic0821

MB Enthusiast
Car
S63 AMG Coupe, Range Rover Sport, 992 Porsche Carrera 4S
I was looking at Powerstop Z26 street performance carbon fiber ceramic brake pads which seem to have good reviews. To be fitted to my S63 AMG Coupe & was wondering if anyone had an experience of these. If not, what are your recommendations for ceramic pads & also discs. I was thinking of Brembo but open to suggestions. They have to be quiet as there is nothing worse than squealing brakes.

Supposed to be, that's why I was wondering if anyone had experience of them

I have emailed Powerstop in the States regarding price & availability of these pads. Will update when/if I get a reply.

I have ebc red stuff in my other car, very good bite from cold and dust free

Same here , 3 full sets on 3 cars , low dust bliss .

They're fairly expensive and I'll try cheaper Ferodo Eco Friction next .

I have Akebono CC brake pads on Brembo discs. No noise and virtually no dust, the tiny bit of dust that appears is light grey (or should I say 'gray' as I bought them in the USA) so is invisible on my silver wheels. I know Akebono are hard to find in the UK but I have no reason to believe any other CC pads would give different results.
I posted photos on here a while ago, have a search .

Well, thought I had managed it. Found a retailer in the States with a great price Powerstop Z23-1669 Ceramic pads $46.46, Wear sensor (2) $8.36. Total with discount $51.50:)
Then clicked through to payment, oops, Shipping $228:( No thanks
The search continues.
Where did you guy's purchase your Akebono, Red Stuff & Ferodo Eco Friction from??????

Update, went on to Amazon as previously they had Z16-1669 which according to an email from Powerstop they would be ok but they recommended Z23-1669 for the S63 AMG & discovered they had Z23-1669 from Amazon global which had a promotion & delivered price for £54.53. Delivery 3-4 weeks, not problem as not in a hurry. Now ordered. :) :) :banana:
Only need some wear sensors now, any recommended suppliers

Last edited:
I have always got my ebc ones in the uk, try eurocarparts thats where i got my last ones, had to be ordered in specially, but got them the next day

Wear sensors now bought 2-off Pagid from Eurocar Parts £11.58, but in sale for £6,94:) Pick up tomorrow
Everything now bought, just awaiting delivery. Brembo discs (Autodoc)), Powerstop ceramic pads (Amazon Global), Wear sensors (Eurocar Parts)
I tracked the discs, they seem to be with the carrier in Germany since 22 Dec, Pads, Amazon said 3-4 weeks. Not requiring them in a hurry. Thanks for the input.👍

Discs arrived yesterday. Decided to order Powerstop ceramic front pads (delivery 27 Jan) to go with the Powerstop rears ( still waiting on them)

Red Stuff direct from EBC in Northhampton or ECP .

Ferodo Eco Friction I've seen on AutoDoc .
Sorry to re open this thread, but I'm on the hunt for some ceramic pads.

I have the w205 c63 amg and I called up EBC as on there website they only had yellow and blue stuff, the person on the phoned stated they don't do redstuff for the c63 amg which I found odd as people have stated they've used them! Any ideas?

Also where can I get Akebono pads? I've heard nothing but great things about them!

Probably not much help as I actually walked into the store in the USA to buy my Akebono pads but NAPA (National Automotive Parts Association) were very easy to deal with . They are now in the UK I believe.

Front Pads arrived today. They come with new spring clips, new locating pins & a tube of lubricant. Still waiting on rear pads that were ordered earlier

Sorry to re open this thread, but I'm on the hunt for some ceramic pads.

I have the w205 c63 amg and I called up EBC as on there website they only had yellow and blue stuff, the person on the phoned stated they don't do redstuff for the c63 amg which I found odd as people have stated they've used them! Any ideas?

Also where can I get Akebono pads? I've heard nothing but great things about them!
Did you try to contact NAPA in the UK ?

Bit of an update on Powerstop ceramic brake pads. The front ceramic pads arrived but not the rears. Contacted Amazon who said they could not give a delivery date on rears, but on their site they were available on 6 Feb. Cancelled original order & re-ordered for 6 Feb delivery.
Checked the fronts & noticed 2 pads had a couple of minor chips on the pad material. Did not think it would be a problem, but emailed Powerstop themselves with a picture & asked if they would be ok. They answered the same day & asked me to send them a copy of the invoice, which I did. Email reply next day saying they would send a replacement set. That was last Tuesday & they arrived today. Sent from Illinois USA. How is that for service. (You would be lucky to get a reply from a UK manufacturer) Would have had them last Friday but according to tracking they were held for 12 hrs at customs in Stansted & Powerstop had asked for weekday delivery. Not only that, but they sent me 2 sets. Have to buy another S63😁
Once the rears arrive , I will get them on with the new rear rotors.

Fitted the front pads yesterday but when I finished & started the car, got the message that the pads were low. I had not pressed the sensor fully home into the housing. Did that & the message disappeared. However, this morning I received an email from my main dealer saying "Based on your Mercedes me data, your S 63 AMG Coupé detected the following service requirement: Brake wear" & did I want it booked in. These cars are brilliant, no other car I have does that & they are all pretty expensive.

Ok, tomorrows job, going to fit rear Brembo discs which I bought from Autodoc a couple of months ago. Just getting everything ready when I noticed the discs were the same. I thought they would be handed, ie the grooves would be either facing forward or back. Thought they had ##** up, but when looking at OEM discs on the car they are the same. Drivers side the grooves radiate forward from centre & passengers side grooves radiate back from the centre. Looked at front OEM & they are the same. Standardisation I guess.
Much like Range Rover wheels , one side they sweep back other side they sweep forward, most people won't notice but when OCD kicks in.:wallbash: This is going to bug me now:dk:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom