Carbon Fibre bits and bobs on W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smillion

Car
CLS350 CDI sport
In my local showroom there is an £81,000 E63 AMG, silver with Pano roof, and I see it has a carbon fibre lip spoiler on the boot (I remember the grief Howard got for even suggesting a lip spoiler on the CLK) and carbon fibre wing mirrors.

My question is, what are peoples thoughts about doing the same on a W211 E55? The gear is available, along with the undertray at the rear between the exhaust which I must say looks lovely - just not qutre sure about the other bits and bobs.

Marc

carbon pack is VERY expensive, spoiler alone is around £1600 list! the under tray you are talking about is the diffuser which again is part of the e63 rear bumper, rear bumper is a little more reasonable at £650 ish

You can get non OEM ones off ebay. I have a CF spoiler on mine and about 2 weeks ago I put a CF diffuser on as well. Definately does nothing for performance it just cosmetic.
I paid nothing like the above prices you mentioned.

I will post some photos of the CF diffuser once the weather clears up a bit.

Hi All,

Sorry, a little off topic, I really want to get iluminated sill covers, anyone know where to get them cheaper?

Paul

lopez, theres some mercedes benz ones cheap on fleabay, no cheap AMG ones around tho, also dont get the cheapo copy ones... they look cheapo!

hope ur mods are going well mate.

lopez, theres some mercedes benz ones cheap on fleabay, no cheap AMG ones around tho, also dont get the cheapo copy ones... they look cheapo!

hope ur mods are going well mate.

No no nothing but the best for my baby.. LOL! I dont want to call MB, I bet it will be a stupid price.

Mods are going well, I have decided what vendor to buy from, so ordering will start this week.. my boot reservoir and bigger chargecooler rad are getting made in the US, so yeah looking forward to getting my hands dirty over the xmas holidays..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom