Carbon fibre mirrors covers yes or no ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The hen

Car
2012 c250 sport amg
Seen a set of carbon fibre mirror covers with red stripe that I'm trying to decide if would look nice on my red w204 or just look too boy racer. Any ideas ???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 44
Pic on white Mercedes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 79
Very subjective but would only look right when matched other carbon ascents.

Chav look, buy the plain carbon mirrors.

I have a red w204 c250 cdi sport 2012 and I have a black rear spoiler got for it and getting the roof wrapped in gloss black with a section of front bumper being wrapped black as well. Getting real windows tinted to oem spec 20% . I was thinking these mirror covers may go well but might see what car is like with all the other bits first. I also want to change my 17" amg alloys for the 18" 7 spoke amg wheels.

Wont be long now until the Carbon Fibre (as fashionable extra's) ends ;)

Wont be long now until the Carbon Fibre (as fashionable extra's) ends ;)

Wouldn't have them outside but as an interior trim, CF is much better than the 'luxurious' wood veneer ;)

Don't carbon fibre 'add-ons' whether they're real CF or not, defeat the object of CF?

At 200 euro they are an expensive purchase so doubt I would buy them either way. Have a deal done on some 18" amg 7 spoke wheels of a 2013 w204 so hope to collect at the weekend. That's 550 spent. Will have to wait a few more weeks for tints and roof wrap

Add an AMG badge to the boot and gain an instant 200bhp :thumb:.

Add an AMG badge to the boot and gain an instant 200bhp :thumb:.

I'm not trying to turn the car into anything it's not. I just think a few black mods will contrast well with a red car. I wanted the 7 spoke wheels from the start when was looking for a car but the best car for me had the split spoke 17" wheels. I bought a black rear spoiler and need to get it fitted and feel a black roof and painting/wrapping the centre section of the front bumper will make the front look a bit sportier. I been think a black grille would go well.

I see you owned a e320with an amg kit and brabus d6, the kit didn't make it an amg or chip make it a brabus but it's a modification you liked. That's all I'm looking to do make the car more personal to my own taste and make it a bit sportier as I've always had fast turbo patrols but with family For the last few years diesel 4 doors a necessity .

It's your car,your money,do what pleases you, not what pleases or riles others, I sit in 'my' car every day, no-one else's.
I'm currently fitting red badges on my CLS, along with non OEM 20" wheels, I refrain from posting photos because of judgemental purists.
As for CF, being a more mature driver I prefer a traditional interior with wood trim and lighter leather, however I understand that younger members prefer CF and brushed aluminium, not to mention black painted wheels which are anathema to me

Good health to drive her and good luck with your choices

Have to say black wheels are my pet hate lol. It's not even the carbon fibre look I liked, it was more the black with the red line colour contrast against a red car I think would go well.
I don't think I could justify 200 for them anyways to be honest.

Have to say black wheels are my pet hate
The black has the same effect as Black bodywork, hides all the curves and lines of an otherwise sculptured form. Black wheels look like flat discs so what's the point of having nice wheels.

Just give it a go. If you don't like them once fitted, switch back to the originals, and sell the CF/red covers on :thumb:

stick with the originals, would be my choice but it's all what you feel comfortable with

Its a free world and your car , so do your own thing, would be a boring world otherwise. :thumb:

For me though, sticky on carbon fibre ? Looks crap and more like something you'd have to go with acne and a 15 yr old Peugeot on lowered suspension to mince around supermarket car parks on an evening :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom