Carbon fibre mirrors covers yes or no ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think they'd go nicely against a red car with the proposed colour scheme on the other items mentioned

Nothing wrong with being different, it's not like it's an ironing board on the boot or an AMG badge thrown on it, go for it

I'm not trying to turn the car into anything it's not. I just think a few black mods will contrast well with a red car. I wanted the 7 spoke wheels from the start when was looking for a car but the best car for me had the split spoke 17" wheels. I bought a black rear spoiler and need to get it fitted and feel a black roof and painting/wrapping the centre section of the front bumper will make the front look a bit sportier. I been think a black grille would go well.

I see you owned a e320with an amg kit and brabus d6, the kit didn't make it an amg or chip make it a brabus but it's a modification you liked. That's all I'm looking to do make the car more personal to my own taste and make it a bit sportier as I've always had fast turbo patrols but with family For the last few years diesel 4 doors a necessity .

I agree with all you've writen (well, maybe not the black grille).

My AMG badge line was a bit of general fun and not a poke at you, honest :D.

All I'd do with the mirrors is ensure the red is a decent match.

Just to be aware that I've found with carbon fibre mirrors, they look great and nice when new but after a while the lacquer changes, in the case of my OEM ones from new, in about three years and they go creamy instead of the shiny finish. You end up having to get them re-lacquered at some point!:mad:

And don't get me started on what happens to the front lips with all the stone impacts! :devil::D

Cheers lads, like I said I think at 200 they don't justify the cost really. Collecting my wheels at the weekend hopefully so it's a start. Then need to sell my own wheels to fund getting rear windows tinted. Still trying to decide if wrapping roof is a step to far.

Here's wheels I'm buying. Think they suit the car better than the 17" split amg wheels.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 31
The hen said:
Cheers lads, like I said I think at 200 they don't justify the cost really. Collecting my wheels at the weekend hopefully so it's a start. Then need to sell my own wheels to fund getting rear windows tinted. Still trying to decide if wrapping roof is a step to far. Here's wheels I'm buying. Think they suit the car better than the 17" split amg wheels.

Same wheels I upgraded to on mine. Much prefer them, mine are diamond cut with the inside sprayed black/grey, lovely wheels

Your wheels are nice. Bit like the sport plus wheels with the silver black contrast. Emailed a lad I know about fitting my black rear lip spoiler. Hopefully get that on as well and wheels this weekend. Does anyone think a black spoiler with the red car may not go well. I seen it on a car but had a back panoramic sunroof so went well together.

The irony is that they could weigh more than the original covers :D

This is a possible look I'm going for but not sure about the black grille, or maybe black grill with chrome emblem. I like the way bottom bumper is blackened though and I intent on doing that.

I actually think if you blackened the grille you would ideally need roof black and then mirror covers would add something.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 31
Think the Mercedes emblem needs to stay chrome

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 29
.... in the case of my OEM ones from new, in about three years and they go creamy instead of the shiny finish.

Mine are fine after 5 years. Factory option.

Got my wheels yesterday so fitted and washed them today. Went to take a picture and my phone battery died. Just my luck lol.

Why not get them vinyl wrapped I'm thinking of doing a few bits and bobs inhigh gloss black on my Polar Silver A Class.
Just trying to source a good vinyl wrapping company in the northwest of UK
Cheers

A250 Bennyboy said:
Why not get them vinyl wrapped I'm thinking of doing a few bits and bobs inhigh gloss black on my Polar Silver A Class. Just trying to source a good vinyl wrapping company in the northwest of UK Cheers

If it's not bigger than 1sqm then dip it :thumb:

This is a possible look I'm going for but not sure about the black grille, or maybe black grill with chrome emblem. I like the way bottom bumper is blackened though and I intent on doing that.

I actually think if you blackened the grille you would ideally need roof black and then mirror covers would add something.
The grill looks awful!!! Doesn't go with the lights or car colour. Don't do it.

If you really want the black grill, minimum it needs is a chrome centre badge and chrome trim around the whole grill. Some chrome edging on fins would be nice too.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ask yourself can you live with it and will others smirk at it?
That is the question?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom