Carbon fibre rear diffuser for SL63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIRMA

MB Enthusiast
Car
Lexus RCF
I am looking to replace the existing black plastic rear diffuser on my car with a carbon fibre replacement. Arthur a fellow MB owner has told me about MBGTC a German company that deals with genuine MB parts and they have one for sale but thought I'd check to see if anyone knows of a decent quality genuine carbon fibre unit.

I'd be careful with MBGTC. Although they are part of Mercedes-Benz, I'd request condition confirmation before placing an order. I had to return something in the past as it was worse than the part I was going to replace.

I'd be careful with MBGTC. Although they are part of Mercedes-Benz, I'd request condition confirmation before placing an order. I had to return something in the past as it was worse than the part I was going to replace.

Thanks for that, the one they have is not cheap at 1200euros.

carbon fibre dynamics in germany sell boca stuff good price

I tried and failed to get the same part. Not that company though, rare car so demand low.

I've just sent an e-mail to Revozport in the USA as they make one with larger fins that looks the part, would it be worth seeing if we could get a deal for two?

Last edited:
I've just sent an e-mail to Revozport in the USA as they make one with larger fins that looks the part, would it be worth seeing if we could get a deal for two?

Please do not go this route. I ordered one through their UK distributor and waited months. When it arrived it would not fit (not even close) and Revozport eventually said the jig and tooling they have has worn so they cannot make it properly. Took me months to get my money back and never got my postage back .... couldn't be bothered pursuing them through the courts as the amount of time I had wasted already was unreal!

If you want I can try and find some images of how bad the fit was... it was atrocious! In the end I had my MB one carbon dipped as at least I knew it would fit!

Please do not go this route. I ordered one through their UK distributor and waited months. When it arrived it would not fit (not even close) and Revozport eventually said the jig and tooling they have has worn so they cannot make it properly. Took me months to get my money back and never got my postage back .... couldn't be bothered pursuing them through the courts as the amount of time I had wasted already was unreal!

If you want I can try and find some images of how bad the fit was... it was atrocious! In the end I had my MB one carbon dipped as at least I knew it would fit!

Thanks for that, you have saved me a lot of hassle, it seems some EU firms make them so that seems to be the route to take.

You could always get it hydro dipped in carbon. It will no doubt be a fraction of the cost and a perfect fit! ;)

You could always get it hydro dipped in carbon. It will no doubt be a fraction of the cost and a perfect fit! ;)

I did consider that idea but I'm a bit wary of fake C/F but agree with your idea.

I understand what you are saying re fake CF, however sometimes its the only option available to get a perfect fit.
I have just had a rear diffuser, front lip spoiler and drl surrounds from a ML 63 carbon hydro dipped as part of my new project and they look amazing in the flesh.
Took about 5 days from start to finish incl prep, the coating, flattening, sanding, lacquering and top coat being applied.
I know they will be a perfect fit and look as subtle as I wanted them to be, as the choice of finishes is quite vast, down to the size of the weave pattern.
Unfortunately I don't have any pics with me (am away with work) but will be posting a full build thread in a few weeks once I return home and they will be on there.

I understand what you are saying re fake CF, however sometimes its the only option available to get a perfect fit.
I have just had a rear diffuser, front lip spoiler and drl surrounds from a ML 63 carbon hydro dipped as part of my new project and they look amazing in the flesh.
Took about 5 days from start to finish incl prep, the coating, flattening, sanding, lacquering and top coat being applied.
I know they will be a perfect fit and look as subtle as I wanted them to be, as the choice of finishes is quite vast, down to the size of the weave pattern.
Unfortunately I don't have any pics with me (am away with work) but will be posting a full build thread in a few weeks once I return home and they will be on there.

Whereabouts in the country were the dippers based?

They are based in the north east, Sunderland to be exact. Called Hydro monkeys.

I remember when you asked about them...pity you had a bad experience:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/amg-...itted-revozport-rear-diffuser-their-sl63.html

May be still interested in this as I've had an offer for a share in a track day car

Just get the Merc one dipped, if it's done right it'll look the part and will definitely fit!

I will be returning home this weekend, so will take pics of the work I have had done (as promised) and post! :)

As promised some pics.....

DRL surrounds

Rear diffuser & cut out

Photography skills are not the best, but you get the idea. It does look better in the flesh, a bit difficult to capture the finish on camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom