Carbon parts from China on eBay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cousy

Car
C63 AMG Coupé
Has anyone had any experience or issues with carbon parts bought on eBay from China. The prices seem very low, too low.
The link below is for a carbon diffuser £210 plus £43 delivery.
Carbon Fiber Big Fin Rear Diffuser Lip Fit For Benz W204 C63 AMG Bumper 12-14 | eBay

Mode Carbon seem like a more reputable company and the prices are 4 times that of the China products.
https://europeanautosource.com/mode...r-replacement-mercedes-benz-w204-c63-amg.html
I'm looking to get a carbon diffuser in the same style as OEM or the larger fin style. Has anyone done this or have any other manufacturers to check out?
Pictures also your new diffuser please...
Thanks

Hi. My brother bought a rear diffuser for his V8 M3 from China and and it came broken and was a bad fit, and was a nightmare to get a refund,of which he only got about 30% back. So if it was me i would by it from a UK dealer.

I would steer clear of parts from China.
Its pot luck. you wont get a refund easily and if u get a well fit part, you are considered lucky.

So how lucky do you think you are? if so, test it out with eBay china parts....

Plus their carbon weave may be uneven and inferior quality which yellows after moderate time of sunlight exposure.

Last edited:
Hmmm it is your luck I do know of people who ordered and everything was fine I guess their feedback would help

I purchased a rear spoiler and a c63 diffuser for a friend. Both came within a month well packaged and the fit was perfect. We did also have to pay customs duty, but it all was still a bargain.

Get it carbon dipped?

You get what you pay for...even that UK based one I bet is wet lay carbon (thin layer of carbon cloth with a fibre glass reinforcement). It's horses for courses at the end of the day..if you just want your car to look expensive with exotic materials, buy cheap and make do. If you want the functionality of those exotic materials (weight saving, strength etc) then cough up and go full autoclave.

I like the way the R-Racing one 'improves front downforce' that in itself tells me it'll be ****...last time I checked our cars aren't low enough or flat bottomed enough to benefit from much aero.

I bought a carbon tip spoiler for me e55 from china it took 3wks to arrive i had to pay 18 odd quid import tax, ive not yet fitted it, offered it up a few times but is going to need some cutting to fit flush also came with 3m adhesive tape to fix, so dont know weater to fit or not

I think all spoilers come factory-fitted with adhesive pads today anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom