Carbon Performance!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robthebubble

Car
Mercedes C220 CDI Sport 125 Edition
Hi all,

Looks like my new quad exit carbon diffuser by Carbon Performance has arrived today so can't wait to see what it's like when I get home. :D. I'll get some photos up later but I thought I'd start a thread to get people interested.

I've been speaking to these guys for sometime now to get more information about them and what differs them from the other suppliers in the market. Well, firstly I have no affiliation to this company so I'm completely independent with my review of the product, also I can't comment on the quality of other companies to there but hopefully this will help some of you out.

From my discussions with them, they have their own manufacturing plant in Germany, they originally made carbon parts for the aerospace industry however have branched out into the automotive industry. They have many contacts in the Mercedes and Brabus scene and also do many high performance cars like Ferrari etc....so they know their stuff when it comes to carbon and performance!

There are a couple of things which you will notice with them, firstly is the quality and secondly is the price. They are very specific with the processes involved and the high standards they achieve....ultimately they want to be known as the best supplier of Carbon Parts in the business, not only the best on quality but the best on price. As for the price, well it's considerably cheaper than the other uk suppliers who are just importing them from the Far East and selling them on to you for an extortionate amount...you do the maths!

I know you're all probably a bit sceptical about me as I'm a newbie but hopefully the photos of the diffuser will do it justice (I won't be fitting it yet as I need to get the quad exhaust) and my credibility can be gained due to being a well known member of the Seat Cupra Forum (the wife's car which I tinker with) under the same profile name.

Also, if anyone is interested in speaking to Carbon Performance by all means give them a call on 01903883399 or email at [email protected]. And mention Robthebubble as you might even get a better rate!

Photo to follow later but if you want any specific ones let me know!

Rob

I know a fair bit on carbon from the far east and it is this simple - whatever price you want to pay is what they will make it at, in other words you pay for quality.

I doubt any manufacturer in Europe will be able to compete with the far east as far as price goes just because of the cost of labour. Quite a lot of the aftermarket tuners do actually use factories out there to manufacture their products. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your diffuser though. :)

Your probably right Dr-Nab however I think the positive thing is that there is a uk based company that can supply these items which are good quality at a great price. They come with warranty and if there are any issues you don't have the hassle of sorting it out with someone in the Far East!
Anyway, here are the photos of the diffuser....now I'm not David Bailey but I hope it gives you an idea.!
Just a couple of initial comments, this is my first experience with carbon fibre so I'm really shocked at how light it is...amazing stuff. The finish is really good too so really impressed there. Just requires some self tappers to install and that's it....although I need the quad exhaust first!
If anyone needs additional photos just let me know!
919b6d31c14f6c9c5309271cfbac5f8d_zpsef7f8836.jpg

ee49f1e373d5a755616803298faae5c1_zpse0b77ed5.jpg

84b15b4bf25e125442dd846f66ae7d4e_zps55501104.jpg

7667b97da309356835ed85518c9a6c71_zps51a9055d.jpg

791d89482a79444a0b4215e1382050fb_zps390dfe3c.jpg

I shall keep an eye out for your car on the mean streets of Solihull Rob

You'll probably see the wife's black Seat Leon K1 more than mine! lol

The diffuser looks great, but does it fit? I have just been to hell and back with a Revozport rear diffuser that cost a fortune and didn't fit, not even close to fitting actually! I am still waiting for a refund nearly two months on, but that's for another thread.

Do these people do custom work, can they make an SL63 diffuser like the Revozport one... if so I may be interested in talking to them?

We need a company to make this diffuser but cheaper, I want it but not for £2000 :crazy:

C63Bullet5.jpg

Holy crap batman it's massive! I'll ask the question...2006 model?

Holy crap batman it's massive! I'll ask the question...2006 model?

It's a 2 piece diffuser, but wouldn't have to be exactly like that. Ideally I just want it for the look so the ground effect panel is not necessary. A deeper version of the standard one would work perfectly actually so just the diffuser part in the picture above or something like that.

My car is a 2005, but is fitted with the SL63 rear bumper so the diffuser is for an SL63, 2008 model.

Hope that makes sense.

Unfortunately I don't think it's available for anything under that price...shame as it does look really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom