Carlsson DRLs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nictry

Car
ML63
I took the plunge today and booked my ML for some Carlsson DRLs to be fitted, I had been thinking about these for a while as my previous car and my OHs Golf R have them and personally I think from a safety perspective they do genuinely enhance road visiblity.

Should be fitted in early November if the parts arrive from Germany in time, picture shown below with the benefit of keeping the fog lights as well as the DRLs which was why the Carlsson parts were more appealing than the swap over FogLight/DRLs that are available for the ML.

62910700.jpg

Last edited:
All fitted today and look great. They also function perfectly with auto lights too, DRLs come on when key turned normal lights using the auto facility and dim the DRLs fog lights just as you would expect and the colour match on the bulbs is pretty good too, all in all I think it has modernised the front well and matches the rear upgraded LEDs too

Attachments

• image-2457946390.jpg
    image-2457946390.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 39
Nice!

How difficult to wire into the headlight loom etc?

Nice!

How difficult to wire into the headlight loom etc?

I will be totally frank, I had them fitted, the fitting cost was £144 which in all honesty I thought was pretty reasonable having looked around the web involved not just the wiring side but also the cutting of the bumper slightly to allow for proper fitment of the DRLs.

Looks good I wonder how they would look on my w211 facelift 2007. Been looking for some for a while.

boxer 01 said:
Looks good I wonder how they would look on my w211 facelift 2007. Been looking for some for a while.

Just like this ;)

Attachments

• image-3139819944.jpg
    image-3139819944.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 22
You could easily add some cheaper aftermarket DRLs and wire them up yourself. It's simply an earth(car body), ignition live (from a spare fuse point), and a scotch lock to the headlight wire loom. You can even get dimming modules on eBay that work....Google search Inlustro DRL or look at Www.drldimmer.com

If I could get hold of some decent led's I think it would be worth a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom