Carnage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charles Morgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes 250CE W114, Alfa Romeo GT Coupe 3.2 V6
I had a long day today collecting and moving antiques. On the first leg of my trip (M25 down to Kent and back) first thing this morning, I passed three rear end shunts, and one minor accident. 4 hours to travel 130 miles and some seriously rubbish driving witnessed.

Then I drove up to Wales via Ludlow where a cyclist had been knocked off in an accident and a 3 mile journey took an hour down packed tight lanes to get back onto the closed road. Tailbacks for 20 miles in each direction.

Finally got to destination, filled up with antiques then off to hotel - yet another accident with police and ambulance in attendance at the end of the lane.

That's my fill for a long long time. I hope all the victims are fine, but all the rear end shunts - keep a safe distance people - it's carnage out there!

As a matter of interest Charles which was you chosen chariot for all those miles please. I think I know I just wish to confirm.

So let me get this straight; you're a 'white van man' for the day and bizarrely there's all this carnage around you?

Hmmm...

More florid than white.

As to the van, yes it's white. If it was mine I'd have those little fighter ace kill decals slapped on. Even if they weren't actually my victims.

Auction is a four letter word today. Some auctioneer put a lot in at a fifth of the agreed estimate, which together with a photo has somewhat tainted the chance of selling it there and elsewhere. I still spitting teeth about it. Yet another long journey beckons to collect it.

Always interested in furniture of any period. I am keeping the brown furniture flag flying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom