Carnuba + Sealant = ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
I stopped by the Dodo Juice stall at Goodwood FoS and swapped £25 for a clay kit and some Supernatural wax.

Not used a Carnuba wax before, and so wondered whether it's possible to combine the carnuba's warmth with a sealant's durability.

I have some Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection already so I was thinking a couple of applications of Supernatural Wax followed by a quick EGP layer on top.

Good, bad or indifferent?

Supernatural on its own is very good. you will see 6 mths from a couple of coats with regular washes and qd's keeping it topped up.

Blimey Paul, that was a quick response. So leave the EGP altogether then?

I would tbh, to get the best from the SN, I would buy some Dodo Lime Prime to clean and cleanse the paint prior to applying.

There is the lime prime normal which has abrasives and will remove defects, this is good if the paintwork is a little tired, and then there is lime prime Lite which has not cutting abilities.

Hope this helps.

Paul

I apply CarLack68 sealant before I use Collinite 915. IMHO wax is always the final coat

I use Meg's Final Touch detailer spray to rejuvenate the wax coat. When you feel the detailer begin to drag, it's time to re-wax ;)

I apply CarLack68 sealant before I use Collinite 915. IMHO wax is always the final coat

I use Meg's Final Touch detailer spray to rejuvenate the wax coat. When you feel the detailer begin to drag, it's time to re-wax ;)

Yes thats very true and I bet that durability is awesome as both of these products are VERY durable on their own.

I was just suggesting that the SN would be better on its own and prepped using the LP to get the most from the dodo wax.

Another combo I like using is 2x layers of Jetseals 109 followed by Chemical Guys 50/50 wax.

I would tbh, to get the best from the SN, I would buy some Dodo Lime Prime to clean and cleanse the paint prior to applying.

I think I have some pre-wax cleaner - different brand though - but I might just get the Lime Prime, to do the job right.

Beforehand I'll be claying and removing swirls with my only-used-one-and-that-was-years-ago Porter Cable and Sonus polishes (different grades).

I think I have some pre-wax cleaner - different brand though - but I might just get the Lime Prime, to do the job right.

Beforehand I'll be claying and removing swirls with my only-used-one-and-that-was-years-ago Porter Cable and Sonus polishes (different grades).

lol got to love the Porter Cable's, I had 1 of these years ago, used my g220 the otherday first time for over a year and blimey forgot how much they vibrate :doh: love the silky smooth rotary's and so much quicker.

You'll have to post some pics of the detail when you get around to it.

Paul :thumb:

Autoglym say that if using both EGP and their HD wax, then the wax must go on after the EGP.
I would have thought that it would be the same with supernatural - the EGP would go on before the wax. (I think:dk:)

My wash/prep/protect procedure is wash, de-tar, clay then I use Radiant Wax followed by EGP and then finally HD wax at the end. The finish and durability is amazing.

Always put the sealant on first...if you are going to use EGP, which holds its own and Supernatural apply the Supernatural after a good few hrs....to prep it after clay there is no need to go spending a fortune for this as you can get hold of Autogly SRP or HD Cleaner from the "frauds....

Autoglym say that if using both EGP and their HD wax, then the wax must go on after the EGP.
I would have thought that it would be the same with supernatural - the EGP would go on before the wax. (I think:dk:)

Yes I spotted that on the AG website last night.

Always put the sealant on first...if you are going to use EGP, which holds its own and Supernatural apply the Supernatural after a good few hrs....to prep it after clay there is no need to go spending a fortune for this as you can get hold of Autogly SRP or HD Cleaner from the "frauds....

Thanks EVL and russb - spot on advice. I sent Dodo an email last night and the main man replied today confirming EGP first and allow plenty of time before Supernatural too:

Dom @ Dodo said:
Use EGP BENEATH the wax, that will always be a better combo. And allow enough time for it to cure properly - at least an hour before you put something on top.

TBH, a couple of coats of Supernatural is often enough. And if you need more durability or longevity, Supernatural Hybrid does very well (a more synthetic evolution).

Hybrid will be the way forward for cars this winter. Obviously along with wolfs body wrap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom