CarPlay Aftermarket retrofit W205

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berniw

Car
W205
I’ve installed a retrofit smartbox in my Mercedes C Class,

I am told it’s Android, I want to change the car icon to a Mercedes icon. The seller is not very helpful with this idea, but I have two update files for the box (ePDKv100.img) and (Auto_Box_Update.img) of which one seems to be an Android Rom of some kind. I was thinking of trying to unpack the Rom and if the icon is there trying to change it to the Mercedes one and repack the Rom. Anybody with more knowledge than me know how to go about this ? The other option was trying to mount the box as a drive on a pc or Mac and trying to locate the icon through that way. However the box has a USB socket and that would mean using USB male to male cable. Would this cause an issue with the 5 volts going from box to laptop and vice versa ?

The other option was trying to mount the box as a drive on a pc or Mac and trying to locate the icon through that way. However the box has a USB socket and that would mean using USB male to male cable. Would this cause an issue with the 5 volts going from box to laptop and vice versa ?

I know it seems a lot of work for an icon, but the one that is there at present makes it look crap.

I have unpacked the (ePDKv100.img) file with imgRepacker successfully.
I am left with a series of .fex files, the main file being 8mb (the whole image file is approx 9mb). This fex file is named melis100.fex
The fex files extracted are in a folder named Beetles. There are a couple more folders I will attach screenshots later.

Not sure what to do with these files now, can't find anything to work with !!

Can anyone help with this please ?

B9E4E63C-EF9B-421F-885D-77C8DE243D31.jpeg 8D36CA6B-32B8-4FE7-A044-1106AC95EF75.jpeg F7D70DE6-C210-4689-99D9-6DC99B43B0BA.jpeg Screenshots:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom