Carplay Google Maps Screen Scrambled

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

erhanengin

Car
E 350d
Hello Guys,

I have a problem with my carplay on Mercedes E350d W213.
The screen is scrambled after 15mins to start Google maps to navigate somewhere.
If I use apple maps, it happened about 1 hour later. If I use google maps it happens about 15 mins later. I used almost 8 different iphones it happened. I used these all iphones on another same car with same spec. It didn’t happens it worked well.
It’s working fine for first 15mins but after I started to use google maps eveytime screen scrambled and the screen freezing. Is anyone face that kind of problem.
I used original apple cables.
I hope you can help me.

Attachments

• 41509570-81DD-4B7F-9A5B-CDEFCACF7346.jpeg
    41509570-81DD-4B7F-9A5B-CDEFCACF7346.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 15
I have the same/similar issue on our 2017 W213 E220d. It seems to do it with all navigation apps but Waze is worst. With Waze it starts to lag behind after about 10 mins (i.e. it thinks your location is where you were 10 seconds ago)... it gradually slows, the radio starts cutting out, etc. eventually it'll crash the whole system and you have to hard reboot it (hold down power button for a long time).
Only "fix" is to pull the cable out and plug back in again.

People have told me it's down to a bad cable but I've tried several and not found a solution.

The solution is software update. Mercedes updated my software and sorted it out. They searched too many things and couldn’t find then they do software update ad fixed the problem

The solution is software update. Mercedes updated my software and sorted it out. They searched too many things and couldn’t find then they do software update ad fixed the problem
Interesting, thanks for sharing. My E is now out of warranty but heading in for a service in two weeks. Do you know if they charge for this?
I'd be really interested in finding out what software version mine's currently running but can't find that info anywhere in the menus.

my one was under the warranty but they charge £180 for that. If you see Apple Car Play logo on top of the screen when you connect your phone then it’s newer version.
Also you can not navigate from the screen via wheel touch pad only you can do from the console touch pad. If you send a photo of the home menu I can tell you if it is newer or older.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom