Carplay in GLC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merky250

Car
GLC
Hi

I have two USB ports under the arm rest, 1 is plain and the other has the phone and screen symbol. I recently had a loan C class estate and plugged in and carplay worked fine. I have since tried to do the same in a GLC but can’t seem to get it to work?

The description of my car says it has smartphone integration mirrorlink and also symbol on USB port so assuming it is carplay ready

Does anyone know what I need to do to make it work please?

Thanks

Hi ya.

Yip, same as mine. Some have autoplay, some don't. In the end I bought an upgrade from a guy. He also sold me an upgrade so I can turn on/off the auto start/stop. Let me find his details.

Seems certain cars have the ability to be upgraded, some don't so you have to supply the chassis to this guy and he'll tell you. Worth every penny! I even whipped off the centre console and ran a cable direct from the centre to the drivers side door. Perfect.

Tony

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Ps. I bought it. Arrived by UPS once the money cleared. It is a pain in the butt. He's in Russia so nothing seems easy. But once done and the money cleared, it arrived a few days later.

Oh ok thanks, I have seen this OBD activation tool used on YouTube videos.

I want to use Apple rather than android but same principle.

How will I know if this is going to work though as you mentioned some have auto play some don’t. Is it a case that if my car didn’t have auto play then the smartphone symbol wouldn’t be on the USB port? Or do all Mercedes come with that symbol regardless?

Thanks

The GLC has native support for Apple CarPlay from around mid-2018.

This means that the feature can be activated by the dealer (or via a hack uploaded through the OBDII port).

www.comandonline.co.uk can also (legally) activate it.

MirrorLink is a separate product.

Markjay

Oh ok my GLC is June 19. So if I were to go to my local dealer they will do it. Does it take long do you know?

It seems strange they don’t just come
Good to go if it’s something that can be used! Or is this something they then charge to do?

Be interested to know how much the dealer will charge.

The command line website is not responsive code and I couldn't even find the device.

Hi Merky, don't know if I have read your problem correctly but this is what I had to do on my car. I apologise if I am telling you something you know
make sure you plug iPhone in usb marked with the smartphone symbol
turn the command display to "tel"
scroll down to "activate CarPlay"
you may then have to "unlock" your iPhone and it should then work

kc

Hi Merky, don't know if I have read your problem correctly but this is what I had to do on my car. I apologise if I am telling you something you know
make sure you plug iPhone in usb marked with the smartphone symbol
turn the command display to "tel"
scroll down to "activate CarPlay"
you may then have to "unlock" your iPhone and it should then work

kc
Nah - sounds like it wasn't activated on the actual car, even though it's already hidden in the cars system - seems late 2018 and newer have the firmware already. Just needs activating.

Unless he hasn't installed carplay on his phone. Sure he has as it worked on another GLC

Love to know what the dealer would charge.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom