CarPlay on right hand MBUX screen-did I imagine this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PrivateHireGuy

Car
EQS 450+ AMG Line.
Hey all,

I’m pretty sure I remember during the handover of my car, that the advisor asked me if I wanted to move the Speedo and taco displays on the right side to display on the screen on the left of the steering wheel.

I told him that I didn’t, as I driven for far too many years with the Speedo and rev counter in front of me.

However, now that I have my phone attached to the air vent on the right of the steering wheel, I’m thinking that having the CarPlay display on the right-hand MBRX screen might be a better idea, but I can’t find any information on whether it can even be done, so I’m wondering if I just imagined the conversation about moving the displays?

Thanks.

Sorry I can't help with your query, but out of curiosity, why are you keeping the iPhone on the air vent while it's connected to Apple CarPlay? Presumably you could just toss it anywhere in the cabin within the reach of the USB cable?

Sorry I can't help with your query, but out of curiosity, why are you keeping the iPhone on the air vent while it's connected to Apple CarPlay? Presumably you could just toss it anywhere in the cabin within the reach of the USB cable?
I could do that yes, but when I‘m using Waze, the phone displays the turn by turn directions, while the MBUX shows the full Waze map.

I could do that yes, but when I‘m using Waze, the phone displays the turn by turn directions, while the MBUX shows the full Waze map.
I think if you find Carplay split columns view you can get the turn by turn to show up on the Carplay screen in the top left, whatever audio is playing via carplay in the bottom left, along with a smaller map (not fullscreen but usually good enough) on the right of the Carplay screen area. Calendar reminders might also pop up somewhere.

Regarding what I think you were initially saying - have the carplay display directly behind the steering wheel - because this is where the instrument cluster (i.e. speedometer) traditionally is, I'm not sure it can be shifted completely over to the left - though I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom