Carplay - skip tracks using steering wheel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Combo

Car
CLA45
I've had my CLA for a little while now, a Mercedes dealer retrofit Carplay for me which was one of the main things I wanted but I find the control of the whole system (with and without carplay) to be really clunky.

Is there a way to skip tracks playing from my phone using the steering wheel buttons? Before Carplay I had to use the dial on the centre console, when playing music through Carplay whilst using Waze it's even harder so my most convenient option is skipping using my Apple Watch but that could get me a hefty fine if the police see it.

I think I have to use my centre console dial to answer calls when Carplay is in use rather than the pick up call button on the steering wheel, do others have this problem? I need to test this.

Thanks

As you haven't said what system you have fitted (MB & Carplay) these are guesses. Swiping left or right on the touchpad or use use the voice recognition to select 'next track'.

Is this the info on the system? It's a 2016 117 model, I don't think I have a touchpad and wanted to avoid voice control as when shuffling my music there's a load I want to skip through. On my last car I could just press a skip button on the steering wheel even when using an aftermarket stereo, I was hoping I was being dumb and just needed to set something up for steering wheel control when using Carplay. Cheers

531​
COMAND APS NTG5/NTG5.5​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom