CarPlay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuannyH

Car
C class premium plus
Hi all. I have a c class premium plus Mercedes. What is the best way to get CarPlay working? Do I need updating? As u may have noticed I’m not very technical!😃

Hi
What stereo have you got fitted? I believe you will need Option code 851 - Command Online - NTG 5*.
If you have this then it is simply replacing the stereo USB ports, really easy to do, and ask your MB dealer to follow WIS Worksheet.
Take a look at this document you should be able to establish exactly whether it can be done.

Attachments

• car-play.pdf
    184.1 KB · Views: 26
Doesn't seem to include the C Class on the attachment.

851 is not the correct option.

The W205 C class cannot have factory CarPlay until model year 2020. There was a brief period where it could be retrofitted to certain individual earlier cars but Mercedes have closed that avenue.

Your only route is a kit like this;

Seems expensive.

I only wanted to view Waze on my screen.

Looks like i cannot.

Thanks all

Hello,

I have just bought a Feb 19 E Class SE.

The car drives beautifully and feel great, but I've just been told by the dealer it doesn't have carplay and it can't even be added.

I am stunned that an advanced display system with 2 x 12" displays can't run Carplay which is standard in many vehicles, including many cheaper brand cars. It can't be added if it was not standard on models pre 2020 apparently. So I can't even add it as a cost item.

It seems the only options would be to buy a non supported aftermarket add on, that would invalidate the warranty.

Absolute rubbish from Mercedes they can't provide (even at cost) basic functionality the rest of the market provides.

Have I got correct information from the dealer?

Thanks.

Hello,

The car drives beautifully and feel great, but I've just been told by the dealer it doesn't have carplay and it can't even be added.

I am stunned that an advanced display system with 2 x 12" displays can't run Carplay which is standard in many vehicles, including many cheaper brand cars. It can't be added if it was not standard on models pre 2020 apparently. So I can't even add it as a cost item.

It seems the only options would be to buy a non supported aftermarket add on, that would invalidate the warranty.

Absolute rubbish from Mercedes they can't provide (even at cost) basic functionality the rest of the market provides.

Thanks.
Sorry it's a Feb 20 E Class SE in fact! (not 2019)

Hello,

Thanks.

Contact [email protected] (that's Alfie from post #4) with your car's VIN and they'll tell you what can and cannot be done. Don't bother with the dealer, they won't know.

Sorry it's a Feb 20 E Class SE in fact! (not 2019)
You may well be able to have factory Apple CarPlay / Android Auto

Email me your vin number to [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom