Carputer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Gilly

As I understand it the TV input of the command is RGB, that means you will need to convert the VGA output of your PC to RGB in order to display it on the command screen. Also when you start moving, wont the screen stop displaying TV unless it's been "fixed" not to do so.

This is what I was told when I had a command 2.0 (4x3) screen in my CLK for a shortwhile.

I have a Trust VGA TV adaptor that can generate RGB signals to a SCART lead, but I've never tried it out.

I'm running a car PC right now, but decided that the command screen was just too small, so I'm using a 7" VGA widescreen with a USB touch screen overlay to control the PC.

Craigyb

Was thinking of fitting a pc in my car also, any words of wisdom (or even better pics of your install!)

Mambo, I've just completely revamped my carPC install. the one I had at the last meet has been replaced with a new case/MB/PSU etc. The rest of the kit is the same though.

Have look at this thread and you can see what I've done. the inverter in the boot has now gone and I've integrated the DC-DC power supply (OPUS 150W) into the case of the PC. So the whole thing is a lot neater now.

http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5283

These pics show the new PC build.

cooler.jpg

opus1.jpg

rear1.jpg

cooler.jpg

Craig

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom