Carputer

Discussion in 'PC and I.T support/Advice posts' started by Gilly, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Gilly

Gilly New Member

Car:
    only the silver one
  2. craigyb

craigyb Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Audi A8 W12
    Gilly

As I understand it the TV input of the command is RGB, that means you will need to convert the VGA output of your PC to RGB in order to display it on the command screen. Also when you start moving, wont the screen stop displaying TV unless it's been "fixed" not to do so.

This is what I was told when I had a command 2.0 (4x3) screen in my CLK for a shortwhile.

I have a Trust VGA TV adaptor that can generate RGB signals to a SCART lead, but I've never tried it out.

I'm running a car PC right now, but decided that the command screen was just too small, so I'm using a 7" VGA widescreen with a USB touch screen overlay to control the PC.

3. Mambo

Mambo Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    BMW 535d Sport, Mini Cooper Convertible
    Craigyb

Was thinking of fitting a pc in my car also, any words of wisdom (or even better pics of your install!)

4. craigyb

craigyb Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Audi A8 W12
    Mambo, I've just completely revamped my carPC install. the one I had at the last meet has been replaced with a new case/MB/PSU etc. The rest of the kit is the same though.

Have look at this thread and you can see what I've done. the inverter in the boot has now gone and I've integrated the DC-DC power supply (OPUS 150W) into the case of the PC. So the whole thing is a lot neater now.

http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5283

These pics show the new PC build.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Craig

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
Tags: