Cars and Coffee monthly meet Barton Aerodrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daveenty

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S63 Coupe
I found out about this one from elsewhere though the reference to it has now been lost so I thought I'd let it have it's own place. Thanks to @oldguy57 for pointing it out to me. :)

It's apparently held on the 2nd Sunday of each month, and run by the Veterans Garage as a bit of a fund raiser for them and attracts a few cars. They also run an American Car Club meet on the 1st Sunday of the month which I went to today. The American cars were conspicuous by their absence unfortunately as there is another bigger meet happening over Saddleworth way I was told, so I ended up coming home around 10:30.

I'll be there for 09:00 next week, weather permitting in the 190E, if not I'll take the E Class. It would be nice to have a relatively local venue for meets as we don't seem to get much up this way. They have a reasonably sized picnic area, a funfair for the kids, which wasn't working today though there is a play area, and a massive cafe so most things seem to be taken care of.

I found out about this one from elsewhere though the reference to it has now been lost so I thought I'd let it have it's own place. Thanks to @oldguy57 for pointing it out to me. :)

It's apparently held on the 2nd Sunday of each month, and run by the Veterans Garage as a bit of a fund raiser for them and attracts a few cars. They also run an American Car Club meet on the 1st Sunday of the month which I went to today. The American cars were conspicuous by their absence unfortunately as there is another bigger meet happening over Saddleworth way I was told, so I ended up coming home around 10:30.

I'll be there for 09:00 next week, weather permitting in the 190E, if not I'll take the E Class. It would be nice to have a relatively local venue for meets as we don't seem to get much up this way. They have a reasonably sized picnic area, a funfair for the kids, which wasn't working today though there is a play area, and a massive cafe so most things seem to be taken care of.
There are an awful lot of meets in the area Dave, (including one at Botany Bay ) but sadly I look like someone's taken their great grandfather at most of them.

I've been keeping an eye on the forecast Peter bit will leave it till Sunday morning when I wake up before making a decision either way.

Any sign of rain though and the little 190E will be staying in the garage, I'm not spending all Sunday afternoon underneath it cleaning. :)

You bringing the CL65 if you decide to go?

I ended up going to this meet and must admit that the organisation impressed me. Marshalled in and out by a good team and got parked up pretty much instantly. Nothing much to report really, a huge variety of cars though apparently well down on the usual number probably due to the weather. It did stay fine all the time I was there though the roads were very wet, hence I went in the E Class and not the 190.

Cars of note, at least to me, and in no particular order were a nice S211 E55, W215 CL600, Jensen Interceptor III, Riley 4.72 and a couple of 105Es. Loads of others as well but stood out to me. Oh, and an awesome Chevelle 396 SS...

I'll definitely be going again next month, as long as it's not raining, and may just make it a regular date in my calendar.

Just a quick heads up for anyone interested.

Next meet is on Sunday the 9th September. Weather permitting I'll be there around 09:30 but only in the red car if it's very dry :)

Cheers Dave- if for some reason I’m not doing the dream rides at Aintree on the 2nd I’ll try to make this instead ....

4th Nov for next one I guess. I'm good for that one. Anyone else planning a visit?

Nope, next meet is the 11th November.

It's weather dependant with me really, I was going to go on the 14th of this month but it lashed down all morning. I don't relish the idea of standing in a field looking at cars in the pouring rain so gave it a miss. :(

Damn that’s Manchester derby day so I’ll be watching united get a good hammering

Actually if it's sunday morning I might come along. That is if the check engine light goes off at some stage over the weekend :-(
Car went into limp mode on drive home from work today. Re-started and everything fine so into Sport+ mode and a little 'encouragement' to clean out things. Got home, parked up at home, all OK. Got in an hour later to take kids to cinema and CEL comes on, stays on and was still on when re-starting after cinema. Can select drive modes OK (some forums suggest that's symptom of a problem) and car drives OK too. Will have to call dealership tomorrow morning and get the low down/book her in.

Weather forecast is looking good so far so hopefully I'll be there in the 190E. the E Class will get cleaned later today as well so I have a back up just in case...

I'll be there from 09:00 till around 11:00, which should be enough time to get to look at things and have a couple of coffees and chat to people.

Engine light still on today so car booked in for weds. I might nurse her along tomorrow morning if it’s not raining though.

Lot of cars turned up on what was basically a poor day.

Nothing to write home about really but the field was a bit of a quagmire which probably put a few off. I did notice an original looking 57 Chevy parked outside which was joined by a 69 Camaro with what looked like a blower appearing out of the bonnet. I say looked like as I was passing it on my way home and trying to negotiate a myriad of pedestrians with a death wish.

Think I may leave this meet till the weather brightens up a bit now, it's going to take a couple of hours to clean the little red car up. :(

Nice to meet up with you Dave, and also ‘big’ Ben in the C63.
Car was running fine on drive down/back so am hopeful the CEL is only an advisory or quick fix; we will see come Wednesday.
Was surprised at the spread of vehicle types down there. A lot turned out in spite of shat weather

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom